- " Let me ask you a question. Have you ever experienced a perfect moment in time?"
- "A perfect moment?"
- "When time seemed to stop, and you could almost live in that moment."
- "Seeing my home planet from space for the first time."
- "Yes, exactly. Nothing more complicated than perception. You explore the universe. We've discovered that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself. Full of powerful forces. Most people aren't aware enough of the now to even notice."
- ― Anij and Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Insurrection)
The ability to capture/release past, present or future event. Sub-power of Event Manipulation.
- Event Recording/Storage
The user can capture any past, present or future event and store it for later use, allowing them hold the event with them as long as they want, and release it, causing it to happen whenever they want.
Capturing the event negates it and allows user to store it. This could be anything from an attack, to a form change, to an injury, to a person's death, to somebody's birth, to the end of the world, e.t.c. User can later cause the event to happen at any time they desire, however many times they desire, and possibly unleash specific things of that event.
By initially capturing the event:
By unleashing the event:
- Attack Recording
- Death Inducement - By capturing the event of another's death, and unleashing it later on.
- Event Teleportation - If the user can capture past, future or remote present events.
- Immortality/Absolute Immortality - By capturing an event where the user, or anybody else, is perfectly healthy, and unleashing it.
- Inducement/Phenomenon Inducement
- Infinite Supply
- Life Inducement - By capturing the event of another's birth, and unleashing it later on.
- Occurrence Manipulation
- Summoning - If the user can release specific objects, organisms, spirits, e.t.c., from captured events.
- Wound Inducement
- May be limited in how many times they can unleash the captured event.
- May be limited to only capturing events that happen before them, and can't access future, past, remote events.
- May be limited in how many events they can store at any time.
- Some abilities which are more like states-of-being, such as omnipotence, enhanced/supernatural/absolute condition powers can likely not be obtained this way.
- Donatello Versus (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part VI: Stone Ocean); via Under World (limited to past events)
- Santa's Snowglobe (The Santa Clause III)
- Time Lords (Doctor Who); via science
- The Doctor (Doctor Who)