- "You're alive. Congratulations. That means you've got the aptitude. If you didn't, you'd be dead. You've just obtained a talent. No... it's more accurate to say it was pulled from your mind. The worse the villain, the more they have... This talent that the man named DIO called a Stand."
- ― Keicho Nijimura to Angelo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable)
- "Over time, we became less human and more ... divine. Kain would enter the state of change and emerge with a new gift. Some years after the master, our evolution would follow. Until I had the honor of surpassing my lord."
- ― Raziel (Soul Reaver)
- Reactive Evolution
- Evolutionary Process
User can enhance themselves and others via accelerating the evolution process by triggering a bodily recovery system, restructuring their genome and upgrading to a better physical form. Upgrading can lead to new physical changes and enhancements or perhaps extra parts, natural armor or weapons. High-end wielders of this ability can control the very flow and essence of all progressive evolutions.
- Ability Creation
- Body Modification
- DNA Indexing
- DNA Replication
- Energy Source Selection
- Genetic Traits
- Reactive Adaptation
- Reactive Attribute Enhancement
- Ancient Evolution - Through ancient powers gain the power to evolve.
- Anti-Predator Adaptation - evolve to fend off and/or avoid predators/
- Ascension - The spiritual variations of intangible evolution.
- Assimilative Evolution - Assimilate any sort of bio-mass to evolve.
- Atavism - The most unstable primal throwback of evolution.
- Cosmic Evolution - Enter a cosmic state of evolution caused by cosmic radiation.
- Digital Evolution - Download various data and trigger the cyberspace state of evolution.
- Eternal Evolution - The ability to evolve without any limit.
- Evolutionary Cocoon - Enter a cocoon-like stage of evolution.
- Evolutionary Template - Be the foundation/template for evolution.
- Evolving Fusionism - Evolve ones fusion/gestalt form to a new state of being.
- Evolving Illusions - Create illusions capable of evolution.
- Evolutive Paragon - Be vastly superior to one's kind and evolve further through sheer experience.
- Final Evolution - Transcend the never ending evolutionary process to its peak.
- Genetic Evolution - Accelerate the progression/evolution of Genetic Codes.
- Mental Evolution - Evolve one's mind to a higher state of consciousness.
- Metamorphosis - Evolve as one ages.
- Mineral Evolution - Evolve through mineral/stones/rocks.
- Mutative Evolution - Evolve one's physiology through mutation.
- Omega Evolution - Evolve vastly through the aid of a superior or primordial force.
- Premature Evolution - Achieve an incomplete, but effected state of evolution.
- Self Evolution - Self-transcend one's evolutionary potential.
- Spin Evolution -Evolve by spinning.
- Superior Adaptation - Develop abilities in response to any and all situations.
- Super Form - Transform into a state in which one's abilities are enhanced.
- Superpower Evolution - A power only version of evolution.
- Superhumanization - Evolve other beings into superhumans.
- Transhumanization - Evolve other beings into transhumans.
- Biological Manipulation
- Environmental Adaptation
- Evolutionary Magic
- Evolution Manipulation
- Superior Human Physiology
- Organic Manipulation
- Potential Creation
- Science Attuned Physiology
- Interruption during the evolution process may result in Premature Evolution.
- Every species has different and unique evolutionary processes.
- Evolution can sometimes only change instead of enhancing the being.
- May not be able to return to the previous form if wanted.
- May require a specific skill or power to be learned.
- May require extensive data about the desired evolution.
- May only be able to evolve other individuals instead of themselves.
- Weak against Stagnation.
- Users may have a maximum number of evolution steps.
- Users of Devolution can erase anything the user has gained.
- May cause skills and parts to be lost, especially if the skills/parts could be used for something else more useful.
- SCP-3769 - Evolutionary Rescission Device (SCP Foundation)
- Nemetrix (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- Ultimatrix (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- Hōgyoku (Bleach)
- Digivice (Digimon series)
- X-Antibody (Digimon series)
- Darwinian Seed (Hungry Joker)
- Red Stone of Aja + Stone Mask (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part I-II)
- Stand Arrow (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part III-VI)
- Code D (Space Dandy)
- Gourmet Cells (Toriko)
- Monoliths (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Infinite Stratos/IS (Infinite Stratos)
- Genetic Matrix (Mighty Max Cartoon)