- "To be forgotten is worse than death."
- ― Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX)
- "You will experience a despair worse than death!"
- ― World Ender Babel (Monster Strike)
- "You don't deserve to have anything left of you to prove you existed."
- ― Rei Ōgami (Code:Breaker)
- Existence Removal
- Ret Gone
The user can remove the memories/knowledge of a target (person, object, etc.) from history, a timeline or existence entirely. No evidence of the person or object having ever existed will remain; the target exists physically afterwards, but nothing and no-one will know who or what they are.
- Knowledge Erasure
- Memory Erasure
- Mental Nonexistence
- Nothingness Manipulation
- Reality Expulsion
- Incorrect/misuse could lead to disastrous effects.
- Memory Restoration may help other people remember the target.
- Only affects the knowledge and memory about a target and doesn't physically harm them.
- Users of Erasure Immunity and Embedded Existence are immune.
- Weak against Existence Recovery.
- May cause unintended Domino Effect.
- Vector-ga (Aquarion Logos)
- Nogi (Ayakashi); via Iwana
- Guenael Lee (Bleach)
- Midas (C)
- Shepherds (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- BB (Fate/Extra); via Cursed Cutting Crater
- Q'arlynd Melarn (Forgotten Realms); via High Magic
- Magiaconatus (Granbelm)
- Kampfers (Kampfer); via losing a kampfer battle
- Crimson Denizens (Shakugan no Shana); via devouring existence
- Rinne (Shakugan no Shana); via devouring existence
- The Occupant (The Lost Room)
- Alice/Nursery Rhyme (TYPE-MOON); via Nameless Forest
- Super Monkey (Bloons Tower Defense); via "Annihilation" ability
- Heavenly Host Elementary School (Corpse Party)
- Lost Iced Shell (Fairy Tail)
- Authority of Gluttony (Re:Zero)
- Mythic Augmented Modify Memory spell (Pathfinder)
- Ars Nova (TYPE-MOON)