- "I have experience, my child. And the money and power attained through using those powers for personal gain, you see. I could train you, teach you everything I know. And all you'd have to do is renounce your idiot father."
- ― Vlad Plasmius offering Danny Phantom a chance to join him due to his 20 years of experience with his Ghost powers. (Danny Phantom)
The circumstance of gaining power, skills, and enhancements from past experience.
- Experiential Induced Powers
- Experiential/Experientially Micromutation
Circumstance grants the user extraordinary abilities by either scientific or supernatural experimentation, accidents, medical treatment, etc. The effects of the event may grant superpowers to the user if they survive, or sometimes even if they don’t. Powers granted to the user by the event may be scientifically inclined if anthropogenic or supernatural if otherwise. Depending on the event in question, powers might be a gift, a curse, or both.
- Various Supernatural Powers
- Dark Matter Induced Powers
- Infection Induced Powers
- Lightning Induced Powers
- Meteorite Induced Powers
- Training Regimen
- Contract Bestowal
- Destiny Chosen
- Power Gain
- Power Inheritance
- Powerful Objects
- Ring Empowerment
- Supernatural Fruit Empowerment
- Title Bestowal
- User may develop Aversion.
- User has limited to absolutely no control over the outcome of their catalyst event.
- User may often obtain an undesired power.
- Disfigurement is common.
- Regulation or even Dependency may be an issue if a catalyst event destabilizes the user in some way.
- May cause the user mental/physical problems.
- User may require certain objects to utilize their powers.
- Chemical X (The Powerpuff Girls)
- Power Rings of Inspiron (Super Buddies)
- Mutagen (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Sundrop Flower (Tangled)