- "True battle comes after losing"
- ― Opening Words (Ao no Kanata Four Rhythm)
- Defeat Affinity/Augmentation/Empowerment
- Failure Affinity/Augmentation
- Losing Affinity/Augmentation/Empowerment
User becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. from the failure of oneself or others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing their existing powers. Some users may be able to draw sustenance from failure or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Challenge Creation
- Defeat Inducement
- Difficulty Manipulation
- Failure Manipulation
- Obstacle Manipulation
- Success may weaken user.
- Weak against Victory Inducement.
- Alundra (Alundra)
- Ryu (Breath of Fire III); via Kaiser when combined with Failure Gene
- Users of the Failure Title (Phantom Brave)