- "Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off."
- ― Small Gods
- "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."
- ― The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
- ― Guru Laghima (Avatar: The Legend of Korra)
The power to fly without any outside influence.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Levels
- 6 Variation
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Known Users
- 10 Known Objects
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Video
- Avex (The Lorien Legacies)
The user can fly or otherwise move through the air using various methods. Some possibilities include using one or more forms of energy, wings or similar structures, harnessing anti-gravitons, or even mimicking or becoming an animal that can fly. Users are generally able to Levitate, Slide, and Glide as well.
The user can fly at high speeds without any outside influence, propel/move freely while flying without support.
See the List of Methods of Flight for more information.
- Air Walking
- Flight Manipulation
- Force-Field Flight
- Life-Force Flight
- Magical Flight
- Telekinetic Flight
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Aviokinetic Combat
- Bubble Travel
- Gaseous Current Defiance
- Gaseous Movement
- Infinite Jump
- Motion Paradox
- Newtonian Motion Defiance
- Wing Manifestation
- May require air/atmosphere to maintain lift.
- May require apparatus to control direction and altitude.
- May be limited to a particular length of time they can spend flying.
- May be limited in speed or acceleration.
- May not be able to hover and has to keep a certain speed.
- May suffer from cold/altitude sickness, unless they can adapt to the changes in altitude.
- See Aerial Adaptation.
- Unless the user also has Vacuum Adaptation, they cannot go beyond the borders of the atmosphere.
- May not be able to fly if the user's weight is increased, such as from Gravity Manipulation.
- Weak against Flight Negation.
See Also: Flight.