- "How soon before we hear from someone who can fly?"
- ― Bruce Wayne/Batman (DC Comics)
- "Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off."
- ― Small Gods
- "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."
- ― The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The power to fly without any outside influence.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Associations/Application
- 4 Limitations
- 5 Known Users
- 6 Known Objects
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Video
User can fly or otherwise move through the air using various methods. Some possibilities include using one or more forms of energy, wings or similar structures, harnessing anti-gravitons, or even mimicking or becoming an animal that can fly. Users are generally able to Levitate, Slide, and Glide as well.
The user can fly at high speeds without any outside influence, propel/move freely while flying without support.
See the List of Methods of Flight for more information.
- Aerial Combat Mastery
- Air Walking
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Flight Manipulation
- Gaseous Current Defiance
- Gaseous Movement
- High-Speed Flight
- Infinite Jump
- Interstellar Travel
- Life-Force Flight
- Magical Flight
- Mid-Air Maneuverability
- Motion Paradox
- Newtonian Motion Defiance
- Wing Manifestation
- Wall Crawling
- Telekinetic Flight
- May require air/atmosphere to maintain lift.
- May require apparatus to control direction and altitude.
- May be limited to a particular length of time they are able to spend flying.
- May be limited in speed or acceleration.
- May not be able to hover and has to keep a certain speed.
- May suffer from cold/altitude sickness, unless they are able to adapt to the changes in altitude.
- See Aerial Adaptation.
- Unless the user also has Vacuum Adaptation, they cannot go beyond the borders of the atmosphere.
- May not be able to fly if the user's weight is increased, such as from Gravity Manipulation.
- Weak against Flight Negation.
See Also: Flight.