"Slipping into my Lightform is like taking off a diving suit. Like letting go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. Everythng around me stands still. Everything but [America Chavez]. She's slowed down. Slow motion. But...I'm seeing her at lightspeed'. She shouldn't be moving at all."
--Monica Rambeau, The Ultimates (2014) #1
- Unwavering Diligence
- Heightened Focus
The user can focus on an person, object or event while they or it are at heightened or reduced speeds, allowing them to perceive it in a manner that works best for the situation.
For example, they can complete menial tasks or labor at this speed without losing patience, control or focus;; such tasks can include assembling or disassembling something with millions of pieces, punching something millions of times, or reading an entire archive, all without any rest or breaks.
They can also retain focus until something at an elongated or reduced speed occurs, such as experience entire lifetimes within a blink of an eye.
By default, anyone with Enhanced Speed must have this on some level or another, because this allows them to comprehend and control themselves at their quickened pace. Without it, a speedster would tumble out of control after taking a single step, be unable to stop without impacting another object. Enhanced Reflexes may help, but not much.
In fact, without this, speedsters would not be able to see or hear at all. Their sense of sight would not be able to keep up, or they could possibly be going faster than the speed of light to begin with. Likewise, sound waves would either never reach their ears or so much sound would that it would be a constant, high-pitched squeal.
- Experience Manipulation
- Self Perception
- Sense Manipulation
- Time Perception Manipulation
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Interaction Manipulation
- Perspective Manipulation
- Time Manipulation
- May need to consciously activate ability, meaning that an opponent with Enhanced Reflexes can attack before it activates.
- Also may not be able to control it at all, and thus have a very warped or strange perception of time.
- May only be able to do this for one task (or all things associated with that task).
- Can be used against some users, such as centuries of torment being perceived as if all happened within a picosecond,
- All super-speedsters (Marvel Comics)
- Anyone able to tap into the Speed Force. (DC Comics)
- Kryptonians (DC Comics)
- Daxamites (DC Comics)
- Strontians (Marvel Comics)
- Monica Rambeau (Marvel Comics)
- Quicksilver (X-Men)
- Quicksilver (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- All Shinigami/Arrancar/Fullbringers/Quincy (Bleach)
- Anyone with Ki speed (DragonBall Z)
- Mas y Menos (Teen Titans)
- Time Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Space Gem (Marvel Comics)