The power to use the abilities of gargoyle. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
- Gargoyle Body/Form/Mimicry
User with this ability either is or can transform into an gargoyle, a winged humanoid with a penchant for perching on high terrain. Given their origins as statues of grotesque humans and animals designed to ward off evil spirits and channel rainwater from rooftops, they also tend to have an ability to turn to stone, voluntarily or not. Few are actually living stone.
Although many gargoyles are relatively humanoid, they tend to have number of animalistic features, like horns, tails (often snake-like), unusual ears, fangs and/or claws. More animal-like individuals exist, as well as some that are bizarre, chimeric combinations of several species.
Traditionally, in folklore, they were benevolent despite their appearance, which was framed as being frightful to scare demons away. This is less common in modern fiction.
- Dermal Armor
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Regeneration
- Enhanced Strength
- Night Vision
- Wing Manifestation granting Gliding or Flight
- Animal Morphing - more animalistic individuals.
- Chimerism - truly unique individuals.
- Decelerated Aging
- Natural Weaponry
- Stone Mimicry - those who are solid, living stone.
- Water Manipulation - Classic French folklore associates gargoyles with water.
- Water Breath - Some gargoyles are associated with fountains.
- May have a hard time returning to normal.
- May be limited to being active during the night.
- May be petrified at certain times.
See Also: Our Gargoyles Rock .