- "Born from the smokeless flame, they received the gift of free will. Like you, sweetling, they tread the snake-tongued path to goodness or wickedness. Way back, in the Long Ago, before apes were given tongues to speak as humankind, other, glorious beings wandered the lands and soared the skies. They made the sphere of our Mother a rich world of uncountable delights. The Host brought new sentience to life, beings you call demons and spirits. The jinn were among the first."
- ― The Buzzing, The Secret World
- "Once, in a time before time, God breathed life into the universe. And the light gave birth to Angels. And the earth gave birth to Man. And the fire gave birth to the Djinn, creatures condemned to dwell in the void between the worlds. One who wakes a Djinn will be given three wishes. Upon the granting of the third, the unholy legions of the Djinn shall be freed upon the earth. Fear one thing only in all that is...fear the Djinn."
- ― Opening Narration, Wishmaster
- "So what would you wish of me? The ever-impressive, the long-contained, the often imitated, but never duplicated... GENIE OF THE LAMP!"
- ― Genie (Aladdin)
The power to use the abilities of genies. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
- Djinn Mimicry/Physiology
- Genie Mimicry
- Jinn Mimicry/Physiology
- Majin Mimicry/Physiology (Dragon Ball)
- Shedim Mimicry/Physiology (Judaism)
User with this ability either is or can transform into a genie (literally: to hide, to conceal, also djin, djinn, jinn), a supernatural creature in Arab folklore and Islamic mythology that occupies a world parallel to that of mankind.
They may be free-willed Demons and/or Lesser Angels or redeemable fallen angels, some of them aligned with Paradises.
Traditional jinn are made of smokeless flame or are the spirits of dust devils (hence the term) and like human beings, they are both free-willed and can be good, evil, or neutral. They live in their own communities, are usually invisible to mortals and can change their shape.
Modern genies are either connected to one of the classical elements or are extremely magical beings able to grant wishes and manipulate reality on a large scale.
- Air Mimicry, Smoke Mimicry or Fire Mimicry
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Environmental Adaptation
- Ethereal Physiology
- Decelerated Aging or Semi-Immortality
- Genie Magic
- Mind Reading
- Non-Corporeal Form
- Spirit Physiology
- Flying Tail
- Air genie (Djinni Physiology) Air Manipulation, Air Mimicry
- Earth genie (Shaitan Physiology) Earth Manipulation, Earth Mimicry
- Fire genie (Ifrit Physiology) Fire Manipulation, Fire Mimicry
- Water genie (Marid Physiology) Water Manipulation, Water Mimicry
Types of Genie
- Angel/Demon Physiology in some variations.
- Genie Lord Physiology
- Genie Manipulation
- Half-Genie Physiology
- Snake/Scorpion Venom Manipulation or Poison-Fire Manipulation (only in Islam)
- Mythic Physiology
- Qarinah Physiology
- Qutrub Physiology
- Superior Genie Physiology
- Transcendent Genie Physiology
- Genies may be bound to a receptacle (usually imagined as a lamp or ring), which they cannot leave without certain events happening (someone rubbing the lamp, certain commands, etc).
- Anyone who holds the receptacle may have command over the genie, forcing it to grant them wishes regardless of how the genie feels.
- Destruction of the receptacle may either kill the genie or release it.
- A genie's immense magic may be limited to rules that forbid it from granting just any wish or use magic for their own gains and desires.
- Shapeshifting may be limited to specific species.
- May be susceptible to strong scents (for example asafetida, musk, ambergris, etc.).
See Also: Our Genies Are Different.
- Genieless Lamp (Doraemon)
- Hoya Hoya no Mi (One Piece)