- "Born from the smokeless flame, they received the gift of free will. Like you, sweetling, they tread the snake-tongued path to goodness or wickedness. Way back, in the Long Ago, before apes were given tongues to speak as humankind, other, glorious beings wandered the lands and soared the skies. They made the sphere of our Mother a rich world of uncountable delights. The Host brought new sentience to life, beings you call demons and spirits. The jinn were among the first."
- ― The Buzzing, The Secret World
The power to use the abilities of genies. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
- Djinn Mimicry/Physiology
- Genie Mimicry
- Jinn Mimicry/Physiology
- Majin Mimicry/Physiology (Dragon Ball)
- Shedim Mimicry/Physiology (Judaism)
User with this ability either is or can transform into a genie (literally: to hide, to conceal, also djin, jinn), a supernatural creature in Arab folklore and Islamic mythology that occupies a world parallel to that of mankind.
Traditional jinn are made of smokeless flame or are the spirits of dust devils (hence the term) and like human beings, they are both free-willed and can be good, evil, or neutral. They live in their own communities, are usually invisible to mortals and can change their shape.
Modern genies are either connected to one of the classical elements or are extremely magical beings able to grant wishes and manipulate reality on a large scale.
- Air Mimicry, Smoke Mimicry or Fire Mimicry
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Environmental Adaptation
- Spirit Physiology or Ethereal Physiology
- Air genie (Djinni Physiology) Air Manipulation, Air Mimicry
- Earth genie (Shaitan Physiology) Earth Manipulation, Earth Mimicry
- Fire genie (Ifrit Physiology) Fire Manipulation, Fire Mimicry
- Water genie (Marid Physiology) Water Manipulation, Water Mimicry
Types of Genie
- Angel/Demon Physiology in some variations.
- Faery Physiology
- Snake/Scorpion Venom Manipulation or Poison-Fire Manipulation (only in Islam)
- Mythic Physiology
- Poltergeist Physiology - jinn have ghostly nature
- Transcendent Genie Physiology
- Genies may be bound to a receptacle (usually imagined as a lamp), which they cannot leave without certain events happening (someone rubbing the lamp, certain commands, etc).
- Anyone who holds the receptacle may have command over the genie, forcing it to grant them wishes.
- Destruction of the receptacle may either kill the genie or release it.
- A genie's immense magic may be limited to rules that forbid it from granting just any wish or use magic for their own gains and desires.
- Shapeshifting may be limited to specific species.
- May be susceptible to strong scents (for example asafetida, musk, ambergris, etc.).
See Also: Our Genies Are Different.
- Genieless Lamp (Doraemon)
- Hoya Hoya no Mi (One Piece)