- "Would you like to see what happens when one defies gravity?"
- ― Chuuya Nakahara (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- "Gravity's one mean mother, huh?"
- ― Jacob Taylor, Mass Effect 2
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Four Interactive Forces
- 4 Applications
- 5 Techniques
- 6 Variations
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Known Users
- 10 Known Objects
- 11 Gallery
- Gravitation Manipulation
- Gravitational Field Manipulation
- Gravitational Manipulation
- Graviton Manipulation
- Gravity Control
- Tensor Field Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate gravity, a natural phenomenon by which all matter is brought together, toward one another. If they exist, the user may be able to manipulate gravitons, hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation.
User can bend gravity to make the environment very “heavy” or “light”, cause objects to “fall” toward another object instead of the earth (“nexus inducing”), flatten objects, and generate miniature black holes to compress objects into oblivion. They can repel and attract matter and energy regardless of its mass or move objects in a manner similar to telekinesis.
Offensive uses of this power include repulsing people or objects with such force as to shatter practically anything, increasing gravity to crush or immobilize opponents, decreasing it to render them defenseless, or surrounding one's body in a gravitational field to amplify physical strength. Defensive uses include creating a gravitational force-field to repel all manner of attacks or anchoring oneself to the ground.
Four Interactive Forces
This power is the manipulation of one of the four interactive forces; the other 3 being:
- Attraction & Repulsion attract & repel objects via gravitational force
- Gravitation Adaptation make ones body adapt to gravitational pressure
- Gravity Defiance ignore gravity
- Gravity Projectile use gravity to launch projectiles
- Personal Gravity control ones gravitational field
- Gravity Attacks
- Gravity Constructs
- Gravity Generation
- Decrease/Remove gravity:
- Increase gravity:
- Gravity Imprisonment
- Gravity Solidification
- Gyro-Telekinesis manipulate objects
- Gravitational Energy Manipulation
- Gravity Immunity
- Gravity Independence
- Gravity Infringement
- Pressure Manipulation
- Weight Manipulation
- Black Hole Creation
- Gravitational Singularity Generation
- Orbital Force Manipulation
- Space-Time Distortion
- White Hole Creation
- World Tilting
- Wormhole Creation
- Zero-Gravity Immunity
- Bio-Gravimetric Manipulation
- Black Hole Manipulation
- Gravitational Phenomenon Inducement
- Gravitational Wave Manipulation
- Gravity Aura
- Gravity Beam Emission
- Gravity Mimicry
- Gravity Well Creation
- Gyrokinetic Combat
- Impact Manipulation
- Portal Interface
- Wallcrawling/Wallrunning - redirect one's personal gravity, allowing movement on walls and/or ceilings.
- White Hole Manipulation
- Anti-Gravity Manipulation
- Astronomical Object Manipulation - Control the movement of celestial objects via their gravitational orbits.
- Darkness Manipulation possesses the ability to absorb any and everything, even light, in a manner similar to increased gravity.
- Dark Matter Manipulation interacts only through gravity.
- Density Manipulation - By controlling gravitons, users can manipulate their own molecular density and make themselves and/or objects they touch physically impermissible or virtually indestructible.
- Gravitational Weaponry
- Gravity Technology
- Light Absorption through the gravitational pull.
- Particle Manipulation - gravity affects all known particles.
- Space-Time Manipulation by using high gravity to warp them.
- Star Creation
- Gravity Immunity
- May be unable to create gravity, only being limited to manipulating gravity from already existing sources.
- May be useless in areas with no gravity, though this is not much of an issue though since everything has gravity.
- As they can control their own gravity, users of Personal Gravity are either immune or highly resistant to the effects of gravity.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user and their power's natural limits.
- The power may be centered around the user at all times, in which case the user can attract/repel relative to/from only their current location.
- Gravity is the weakest of the fundamental forces, so this power may lose out against manipulations of the other forces.
- As gravity is the result of warped space-time, users of Spatial-Temporal Lock or Space-Time Manipulation may affect/be unaffected.
- Users of Gravity Negation or Physical Force Immunity can ignore gravity.
See Also Gravity Master.