- "Now... who wants to fight against gravity?"
- ― Chuya Nakahara (Bungo Stray Dogs)
- "Gravity's one mean mother, huh?"
- ― Jacob Taylor (Mass Effect 2)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Four Interactive Forces
- 4 Applications
- 5 Techniques
- 6 Variations
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Known Users
- 10 Known Objects
- 11 Gallery
- Gravitation Manipulation
- Gravitational Field Manipulation
- Gravitational Manipulation
- Graviton Manipulation
- Gravity/Gravitational Arts
- Gravity Control
- Tensor Field Manipulation
User can create, shape, and manipulate gravity, a natural phenomenon by which all matter is brought together, toward one another. If they exist, the user may be able to manipulate gravitons, hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation.
User can bend gravity to make the environment very “heavy” or “light”, cause objects to “fall” toward another object instead of the earth (“nexus inducing”), flatten objects, and generate miniature black holes to compress objects into oblivion. They can repel and attract matter and energy regardless of its mass or move objects like telekinesis.
More advanced users of this power might be able to induce zero gravity, manipulate black holes or even be able to exert power over anti-gravity.
Offensive uses of this power include repulsing people or objects with such force it can shatter practically anything, increasing gravity to crush or immobilize opponents, and creating gravitons (if they exist) to use as a powerful energy-like attack. Defensive uses include creating a gravitational force-field to repel all manner of attacks (similar to anti-gravity) or anchoring oneself to the ground to tank heavy physical attacks or decreasing gravity around an attack to drastically weaken its potency. Supplementary uses of this power include manipulating one’s own gravitational field to increase speed, mobility, and physical strength, decreasing gravity to render another defenseless or fly, shape matter by manipulating gravity around it in such a way it can compress and distort it to achieve the desired form/shape and use gravity in a certain way that is similar to Telekinesis by increasing and decreasing gravity around something to move/interact with it.
Four Interactive Forces
This power is the manipulation of one of the four interactive forces; the other 3 being:
- Attraction & Repulsion - Attract & repel matter via gravitational force.
- Gravitation Adaptation - Adapt to gravitational pressure.
- Gravity Attacks - Use gravity/gravitational force as a form of attack.
- Gravity Defiance - Ignore gravity.
- Gravity Detection - Detect gravity.
- Decrease Gravity:
- Gravitational Upforce - Drastically decreases the gravity in a certain area, causing everything to float upward.
- Increase Gravity:
- Flight Manipulation - By changing the gravity around others or objects.
- Floortilting - Change the direction which gravity pulls matter.
- Gravity Constructs - Create using gravity.
- Gravity Generation - Generate gravity.
- Gravity Imprisonment - Imprison using gravity.
- Gravity Solidification - Solidify gravity into a tangible form.
- Gyro-Telekinesis - Interact/Move/Manipulation matter/objects using gravity.
- Personal Gravity - Control ones gravitational field.
- Appearance of Enhanced Strength - By accomplishing feats an actual user could through various gravity-related means. Such as decreasing the weight/gravity on vehicles and lifting them.
- Enhanced Speed - Decrease pull of gravity to move faster.
- Enhanced Agility/Mobility - Decrease pull of gravity to increase agility and mobility.
- Enhanced Leap - Decrease pull of gravity to leap greater distances.
- Gyrokinetic Flight - Levitate later flying by decreasing the pull of gravity on one's body.
- Density Manipulation - Manipulate density using gravity.
- Gravitational Energy Manipulation - Create/Shape/Manipulate gravitational energy.
- Gravity Immunity - Be immune to all effects of gravity.
- Zero-Gravity Immunity - Be immune to the effects of zero gravity.
- Gravity Independence - To be independent of gravity.
- Zero Gravity Movement - Move in zero gravity.
- Gravity Negation - Negate the effects of gravity/Induce zero gravity.
- Gravitational Maneuverability - To move freely in any level of gravity.
- Pressure Manipulation - Manipulate pressure using gravity.
- Weight Manipulation - Manipulate weight using gravity.
- Anti-Gravity Manipulation - Manipulate anti-gravity.
- Gravity Infringement - Break the laws of gravity.
- Gravitational Singularity Generation - Create gravitational singularities.
- Gravitational Phenomenon Inducement - Induce phenomenon related to gravity.
- Orbital Force Manipulation - Manipulate the laws of rotation and revolution.
- Space-Time Manipulation - Manipulate the Space-Time continuum.
- Space-Time Distortion - Distort the Space-Time continuum by increasing gravity.
- Time Dilation Field - Create a field that slows down time.
- World Tilting - Change gravity by moving the world/universe.
- Wormhole Creation - Create Wormholes.
- Meta Gravity Manipulation - Have absolute and infinite control over gravity.
- Astronomical Object Manipulation - Manipulate objects in the cosmos by precise gravitational influence.
- Meta Space-Time Manipulation - Manipulate the Space-Time continuum of every reality.
- Vector Manipulation - Manipulate vectors.
- Bio-Gravimetric Manipulation
- Black Hole Manipulation
- Gravitational Phenomenon Inducement
- Gravitational Wave Manipulation
- Gravity Aura
- Gravity Beam Emission
- Gravity Mimicry
- Gravity Well Creation
- Gyrokinetic Combat
- Impact Manipulation
- Portal Interface
- Wallcrawling/Wallrunning - redirect one's personal gravity, allowing movement on walls and/or ceilings.
- White Hole Manipulation
- Anti-Gravity Manipulation
- Astronomical Object Manipulation - Control the movement of celestial objects via their gravitational orbits.
- Darkness Manipulation possesses the ability to absorb any and everything, even light, in a manner similar to increased gravity.
- Dark Matter Manipulation interacts only through gravity.
- Density Manipulation - By controlling gravitons, users can manipulate their own molecular density and make themselves and/or objects they touch physically impermissible or virtually indestructible.
- Gravitational Weaponry
- Gravity Technology
- Light Absorption through the gravitational pull.
- Matter Manipulation
- Particle Manipulation - gravity affects all known particles.
- Space-Time Manipulation by using high gravity to warp them.
- Star Creation
- Gravity Immunity
- May be unable to create gravity, only being limited to manipulating gravity from already existing sources.
- May be useless in areas with no gravity, though this is not much of an issue though since everything has gravity.
- As they can control their own gravity, users of Personal Gravity are either immune or highly resistant to the effects of gravity.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user and their power's natural limits.
- The power may be centered around the user at all times, in which case the user can attract/repel relative to/from only their current location.
- Gravity is the weakest of the fundamental forces, so this power may lose out against manipulations of the other forces.
- As gravity is the result of warped space-time, users of Spatial-Temporal Lock or Space-Time Manipulation may affect/be unaffected.
- Can be outdone and overwhelmed by users of Meta Gravity Manipulation, Fundamental Forces Manipulation and Space-Time Manipulation.
- Users of Gravity Negation or Physical Force Immunity can ignore gravity.
See Also Gravity Master.