The user can control gravitational fields. Can bend gravity to make environment very “heavy” or “light”, cause objects to “fall” towards another object instead of the earth (“nexus inducing”). Can flatten objects and generate miniature black holes to compress objects into oblivion. Often users of this ability also possess some form of Darkness-related power, as they can absorb light like a black hole, thus making their gravitational distortions appear black.
Another capability is to repel and attract objects with the user as the epicenter similar to the laws of magnetism one can repulse matter (to the extent, energy) regardless of its mass. The user can attract objects as well in a telekinetic manner.
An offensive use of this power is to repulse people or objects with such force it could shatter wood, rocks, and human bones. Defensive use is to create a gravitational force-field repelling certain objects and attacks.
- Make heavy objects lighter enough to float into the ceiling or sky.
- Make light objects heavier enough to break through the ground or flooring.
- Attract or Repel objects by surrounding it in an anti-gravitational field.
- Some can reduce gravitational field on the user's body, allowing flight to occur.
- Accompanied by darkness manipulation, the user can create a dark vortex of gravitational force that is so powerful not even light can escape it. This is demonstrated when Marshal D. Teach/Blackbeard (One Piece) used his Black Hole attack during his battle against Portagas D. Ace on the island Banaro to swallow up the entire village.
- Crush an object by enveloping it within a gravity field.
Some can perform:
- Vacuum Distortion: to expand voids within objects (when released, results in implosion).
- Weight Shifting: to increase/decrease "weight".
- Structure Loosening: makes targets loose rigidity, thus becoming plushy and soft.
- Zero Zone: causes surrounding objects to decrease their weight and become unable to move.
- Gravity/Gravira/Graviga: a gyrokinetic ability throughout Square Enix universes.
- Black Hole: Create a power vortex of infinite gravity that is powerful enough to trap light.
- Stephen Canfield (Heroes)
- Some Earth-Benders have this ability (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Toa Hewkii (Bionicle)
- Toa of Gravity (Bionicle)
- Makuta Teridax (Bionicle)
- Pain/Nagato (Naruto)
- Blackbeard/Marshall D. Teach (One Piece)
- Brago (Zatch Bell !)
- Dekka (Gone)
- Seto (Needless)
- Alex Power (Power Pack vol. 1 Marvel)
- Geo-Force (The Brave and the Bold DC)
- Graviton (Marvel)
- Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10 Alien Force)
- Charmcaster (Ben 10 Alien Force)
- Enrico Pucci (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean)