- "He was just unlucky enough to catch the eye of a monster masquerading as a human."
- ― Shuka Karino (Darwins Game)
The power to take on a human appearance. Variation of Companion Form. Not to be confused with Humanization or Human Physiology.
The user can take on an ordinary human appearance to blend in with modern society. This power is designed for non-human individuals to hide their non-human traits and appearances to avoid detection.
- May only be able to hold the form for limited periods of time.
- May only shroud most of the user's non-human aspects instead of entirely.
- Users of Shapeshifting Awareness and Essence Reading can see through the disguise.
- May learn to feel human emotions in the process.
- May require a certain amount of power and/or concentration to keep the transformation up.
- Magic Shirt (American Dad!); when worn by Roger
- Magic Shorts (American Dad!)
- ID Masks (Ben 10)
- Gigai (Bleach)
- Ring of the Dead (Dark Souls II)
- Untrue Dark Ring (Dark Souls III)
- Human skin suits (Doctor Who)
- Shimmers (Doctor Who)
- Perception Filters (Doctor Who)
- Exfoliax Charm (The Life and Times of Juniper Lee)
- Enchanted Bracelet (Once Upon a Time); makes a mermaid human
- Image Translator (Sarah Jane Adventures)
- Become-a-Human Jewels (Smile! Pretty Cure)
As vampires, Drusilla and Darla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel) can freely shift between a human face and a vampire face.
A Slitheen unmasking (Doctor Who)
Using Transformation Magic, Carla (Fairy Tail) is able to assume a human form, albeit retaining her cat ears and tail.
Chocolina (Final Fantasy) is a chocobo granted the power to assume human form by Etro.
As a Lich, Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem) often uses magic to shapeshift into a less threatening human form to better manipulate people...
...such as when he disguised himself as the monk Phillipe Augustine to take control of the Inquisition chapter of Amiens...
...and the antique collector Paul Augustine to trick Edwin Lindsey into helping him find the Essence of Mantorok in Cambodian.
Virasians (Gamera vs Viras) in their human forms.
Thanks to Puck's magic, Demona (Gargoyles) becomes a human during the day rather than entering stone sleep
Benares (Honkai Impact 3rd) transforming into a human.
Zim (Invader Zim) keeps his true identity secret through creative (and shoddy) disguises.
Kor (Jak and Daxter) has two forms, his true Metal Head form...
Lila (The Life and Times of Juniper Lee) using the Exfoliax Charm to gain a human form.
Greys (Marvel Comics) such as Rollo can disguise themselves as humans through Image Inducers.
As a highly advanced Sentinel, Nimrod (Marvel Comics) can assume the appearance of a human.
Being a mermaid herself, Lucia Nanami (Mermaid Melody) gains a human form when she's on dry land.
Hippo (Mermaid Melody) has three forms, his human form, his penguin form and...
...his true form, Hippocampus.
Latias (Pokémon) in her human form.
Duck (Princess tutu) transforming into Ahiru.
Crystal and Amber (Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders) in human and dog form respectively.
Snake demons Susu and Qingqing (The Sorcerer and the White Snake) take semi-human forms.
Mamitas (Space Dandy), as a Deathgerian, can take on the appearance of a young woman to attract prey.
Octus (Sym-Bionic Titan) can use hard light holograms to disguise himself as a human.
Utroms (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Like all the Changelings, Stricklander (Trollhunters) is able to choose between his human and troll form.
What Soul Eater (Valkyrie Crusade) actually is is a complete mystery, she decides to appear with a female humanoid form.
To hide his true mamodo appearance from public, Rein (Zatch Bell!) has the ability to disguise himself as a human.
Pavo (Lightman) was Alcyonite he can disguise as human...
Add a photo to this gallery
...than he can to be his Alcyonite form