The power to take on a human appearance. Not to be confused with Humanization or Human Physiology.
The user can take on an ordinary human appearance to blend in with modern society. This power is designed for non-human individuals to hide their non-human traits and appearances to avoid detection.
- May only be able to hold the form for limited periods of time.
- May only shroud most of the user's non-human aspects instead of entirely.
- Users of Shapeshifting Awareness can see through the disguise.
- May learn to feel human emotions in the process.
- May require a certain amount of power and/or concentration to keep the transformation up.
- Magic Shirt (American Dad!); when worn by Roger
- Magic Shorts (American Dad!)
- [[w:c:ben10:ID Masks|ID Masks (Ben 10)
- Gigai (Bleach)
- Shimmer (Doctor Who)
- Human skin suits (Doctor Who)
- Perception Filters (Doctor Who)
- Enchanted Bracelet (Once Upon a Time); makes a mermaid human
- Image Translator (Sarah Jane Adventures)
Snake demons Susu and Qingqing (The Sorcerer and the White Snake) take semi-human forms.
Using Transformation Magic, Carla (Fairy Tail) is able to assume a human form, albeit retaining her cat ears and tail.
Latias (Pokémon) in her human form.
Being a mermaid herself, Lucia, (Mermaid Melody) gains a human form when she's on dry land.
Zim keeps his true identity secret through creative (and shoddy) disguises
Hippo (Mermaid Melody) has 3 forms, his human form, his penguin form and...
...his true form, Hippocampus.
Mamitas (Space Dandy), as a Deathgerian, can take on the appearance of a young woman to attract prey.
A Slitheen unmasking (Doctor Who)
Virasians (Gamera vs Viras) in their human forms.
Crystal & Amber (Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders) in human and dog form respectively.
What Soul Eater (Valkyrie Crusade) actually is is a complete mystery, she decides to appear with a female humanoid form.
To hide his true mamodo appearance from public, Rein (Zatch Bell!) has the ability to disguise himself as a human.
Chocolina (Final Fantasy) is a chocobo granted the power to assume human form by Etro.
As vampires, Drusilla and Darla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel) can freely shift between a human face and a vampire face.
Thanks to Puck's magic, Demona (Gargoyles) becomes a human during the day rather than entering stone sleep
Utroms (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
As a Lich, Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem) often uses magic to shapeshift into a less threatening human form to better manipulate people...
...such as when he disguised himself as the monk Phillipe Augustine to take control of the Inquisition chapter of Amiens...
...and the antique collector Paul Augustine to trick Edwin Lindsey into helping him find the Essence of Mantorok in Cambodian.
Like all the changeling, Stricklander (trollhunters) is able to choose between him human and troll form