- "Evil on this island is about to learn that justice can be very... cold."
- ― Toa Kopaka (BIONICLE)
- "Instead, let’s chalk it up to global freezing!"
- ― Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (DC Comics)
- "Nature? Fire? Bah! Both are chaotic and difficult to control. Ice is structured, latticed, light as a feather, massive as a glacier. In ice, there is power!"
- ― Flavor text of "Flashfreeze" (Magic the Gathering)
- Frost Manipulation
- Ice Arts
- Ice Control
Users can create, shape, and manipulate ice, water frozen into a solid state. As an elemental power, cryokinesis has a nigh-limitless number of uses, only limited by the user's imagination and their natural limits. Fundamentally, users would be able to generate ice through various means, such as lowering the temperature of the surrounding air until solid ice forms or by freezing nearby water sources. They could release and channel this ice in the form of ice beams that freeze whatever it comes into contact with, or extremely rigid and durable ice walls and domes that can be used offensively and defensively. There's also the capacity to use ice in order to freeze one's opponents to death by trapping in ice that slowly kills their cells, or shattering them to pieces once frozen.
The next most common application is the ability to shape and control ice, such as turning ice chunks into icicles to pierce the opponent or icy wind to render it difficult for them to breathe. The user can also shape ice into weapons to use for combat, such as spears, swords or scythes. They would also be able to move ice with their mind, raining a barrage of freezing ice shards on their enemies or using it to move large amounts of ice with ease. Increased mobility and speed can also be achieved through gliding on ice, which not only allows one to preserve stamina, but can also potentially be able to reach places that would be extremely difficult to reach under normal circumstances. Users might also be capable of creating clones (which could be sentient in some cases) out of ice or increasing one's size through the use of ice.
Ice appears naturally in forms of snow, slush, hail, icicles, ice spikes and candles, glaciers, pack ice, frost, and polar ice caps, thus allowing users to gain control over multiple varied structures and environments. However, places with the absence of water or locations with extremely high temperatures might pose a threat to the user. If at a high enough level, the user would be able to circumvent this issue through sheer power by rapidly cooling the surroundings or to manifest ice that can be used out of nothing (which usually involves magic in one form or another). Summoning blizzards and ice-related disasters would also be possible in some cases. Ice manipulation could also extend to manipulating the cold by reducing the kinetic energy of atoms through the use of ice, which makes inducing sub-zero or even absolute zero temperatures entirely possible. Some ice manipulators have unique attributes, which can potentially be used to perceive through ice, or turn one's body into ice itself.
At an extremely advanced level, users would possess nigh-absolute control over all forms of icy matter, allowing them to shape ice however they see fit, such as creating anything that they can imagine, such as an entire city or ecosystem. Users would also be capable of creating ice so cold that they cause cellular destruction for those that inhale it or ice that would be able to instantly kill someone as their bodies are simply unable to withstand such low temperatures. Through the precise manipulation of ice, a high level ice manipulator can control ice on a molecular to subatomic level, potentially allowing them to stopping blood flow to the brain by freezing the bloodstream, halt chemical reactions by using ice to interfere, or cause matter to break down and collapse on itself if at a low enough temperature. Inversely, users would be able to plunge the entire planet into an ice age by exponentially lowering the Earth's temperature or simulate time stopping by lowering the surrounding temperature to the point everything is at a complete standstill.
- Absolute Zero Inducement
- Cold Manipulation
- Cold Presence
- Cryokinetic Constructs
- Ice Attacks
- Ice Erasure
- Ice Generation
- Ice Immunity
- Ice Negation
- Ice Solidification
- Manipulate The properties of ice
- Snow Manipulation
- Slipperiness Inducement
- Cryokinetic Combat
- Cryokinetic Invisibility
- Cryokinetic Regeneration
- Cryokinetically Enhanced Condition
- Cryostasis Inducement
- Ice Absorption
- Ice Augmentation
- Ice Aura
- Ice Bestowal
- Ice Empowerment
- Ice Healing
- Ice Mimicry
- Ice Sealing
- Ice Storm Creation
- Ice Swimming
- Ice Teleportation
- Ice Transmutation
- Sub-Zero Rain
- Unmeltable Ice
- Bio-Ice Manipulation
- Conceptual Ice Manipulation
- Demonic Ice Manipulation
- Esoteric Ice Manipulation
- Ice Embodiment
- Ice Magic
- Primordial Ice Manipulation
- Psychic Ice Manipulation
- Pure Ice Manipulation
- Sacred Ice Manipulation
- Snow Manipulation
- Spiritual Ice Manipulation
- Air Manipulation; Ice is sometimes considered a combination of air and water.
- Cold Immunity and/or Thermal Resistance are both extremely desirable.
- Certain aspects of Weather Manipulation (Hail, Blizzards, etc.)
- Cryogenic Blood
- Crystal Manipulation - Ice is a type of crystal.
- Death-Force Manipulation - Ice is often associated with death.
- Dry Ice Manipulation
- Glass Manipulation
- Reflection Manipulation
- Superior Human Physiology
- Thermal Manipulation
- Water Manipulation
- Winter Manipulation
- Cold Immunity
- Ice Absorption
- Ice Negation
- As the temperature of ice is severely below that of a human's, excessive use of the ability may cause detrimental issues like frostbite.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- May be unable to create ice, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- The creation of ice may depend on the amount of moisture available; dry areas could make this difficult or impossible.
- Ice is affected by everything that normal ice would be, although the user is perfectly able to use their power to return the ice in its original shape and/or controlling it even under these forces:
See Also: An Ice Person.
- Elsa (Frozen)
- Mr. Archer (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children)
- Jackson Overland Frost/Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)
- Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
- Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- Gerda (Snow Queen); via formerly
- Michie Rapisora (Super Noypi)
- An Shigeng (The Four)
- Freya (The Huntsman: Winter's War)
- Lucius Best/Frozone (The Incredibles)
- Zeebad (The Magic Roundabout)
- Snow Miser (The Year Without a Santa Claus)
- Robert Louise Drake (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
- Fria (RWBY)
- Raven Branwen (RWBY)
- Weiss Schnee (RWBY); via Dust
- Winter Schnee (RWBY); via Dust
- Demon's Extract (Akame ga Kill)
- Healing Bottle of Ice (Healin' Good Pretty Cure)
- Key of Domination (Honkai Impact 3rd)
- Ice-Blast Ring/Zero (Marvel Comics)
- Hie Hie no Mi (One Piece)
- Inu Inu no Mi/Dog-Dog Fruit, Model: Okuchi no Makami (One Piece)
- Frostmourne (Warcraft 3)
- Eye of Skadi (Dota 2)
- Shiva's Guard (Dota 2)
- Ice Wand (Minecraft Dungeons)
- White Stone of Power (Kid Cosmic)
- Waterbending (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- Ice Magic (Black Clover)
- Demon Ice Magic (Black Clover)
- Ice Magic (Fairy Tail)
- Ice-Make Magic (Fairy Tail)
- Cryo (Genshin Impact)
- Ice Formation (Jujutsu Kaisen)
- Ice Skills (Megami Tensei/Persona Series)
- Ice Release/Hyōton (Naruto)
- Glacen (The Lorien Legacies)