- Lingual/Word Casting
- Linguistic Magic/Mystic Arts/Witchcraft
The user can achieve almost anything through incantations: a series of words that were originally used to perform spells and enchantments as long as they have knowledge of the language their magic is initiated by and the necessary power to do so.
- "Pyros" (Ancient Greek, fire), to use Combustion Inducement
- "Terraemotus" (Latin, earthquake) to use Earthquake Generation
- "Crear dinero" (Spanish, create money), to use Monetary Manipulation and Currency Generation.
- "Transformer le sang en de la lave" (French, turn blood to lava), to use Matter Transmutation to transmute victim's blood into lava
- "Vyzvat' mech" (Russian, summon sword), to use Weapon Manipulation to summon sword.
- "Verði minn vilji" (Icelandic), to induce Reality Warping powers.
- Letter/Number/Word Projection
- Linguistic Manipulation
- Reality Warping
- Verbal Teleportation
- Vocal Augmentation
- Vocal Creation
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- May always be active.
- May have side effects with incorrect grammar.
- If the magic is activated by the user's native language, the spell might backfire.
- This weakness may force the user to be silent or just learn a new language.
- May need to know the meaning of the words to cast spells.
- If they don't know the words to activate certain spells they can't achieve the desired effect.
- Time consuming, especially for long-drawn incantations.
- Enemies may predict the effect based on incantation and prepare countermeasures.
See Also: Language of Magic.