- Inertia Control
The user can manipulate the amount of resistance matter has to a change in motion or rest. Users of this ability could raise an object’s inertia, to make an immobile object immovable, or to make a mobile object unstoppable. The user could also reduce an object’s inertia, so a normally powerful object, such as a train, could have its course of motion interrupted with the same effort as would stop a bicycle.
- Increasing / Decreasing / Maintaining Inertia :
- "Inertia Shifting": The ability to only manipulate one's own inertia.
- Some users can only manipulate their own inertia
- Some users can only manipulate inertia one way or the other (to resist motion, or resist rest)
- If the user has no control over the ability, the following can happen:
- User may cause the opposite inertial change than desired (increasing or decreasing inertia, when one intends to do the opposite)
- Inertia may change too much (which can damage the object whose inertia is being altered)
- Users may have more difficulty manipulating the inertia of larger objects
- Edith Freiberg (aka Inertia, Marvel)
- Geraldine Rumlow (aka Vice Versa, Marvel)
- Kevin Albers (aka Catapult, Marvel)
- Savitar (DC)