- "Luigi: Did I catch the ball?"
- "Mario: What do you mean, "catch the ball"? You were the ball!"
- ― Super Mario World (The Yoshi Shuffle)
The power to inflate one's own body. Opposite to Deflation.
- Body Inflation
- Inflatable Body
- Swelling Up
The user is able to inflate their body fully or partially, including only certain parts.
- May be vulnerable to piercing or cutting damage.
- May also explode if user inflates too much or from attacks.
See Also: Be the Ball.
- Three Course Dinner Chewing Gum (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
- D-Type Plugsuit (Evangelion)
- Power Balloon (Super Mario World)
Luffy (One Piece) using Gomu Gomu no Fūsen.
a closer look at Loona (HOOD) when she inflates
CJ (The New Adventures of Nanoboy)
Puko (Sailor Moon SuperS)
By swallowing special bees, Raleigh could bloat to a much greater size to squash and crush his foes.
Members of the Akimichi Clan, like Chōji (Naruto), can use their Expansion Jutsu to increase their roundness to use their Human Boulder technique.
Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony Series) using toonforce physics to inflate her head and especially levitate herself.
Kirby (Kirby games) inflating himself to fly/float
Kablamus (The Mask animated series)
King Koo Koo (Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure)
SpongeBob Squarepants (SpongeBob Squarepants)
Mrs. Puff (SpongeBob Squarepants)
Yoshi (Super Mario Galaxy 2) after eating a special fruit
purple baby Yoshis (New Super Mario Bros U)
Bertha Bombshell (Totally Spies)
Mikako Kon (MX0) can use Balloon Girl's Magic
Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi)
King Puff (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
Dulcy the Dragon (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic SATAM)
The Buffalord (Dreamworks Dragons) is able to inflate its body like a puffer-fish, making it incredibly hard to imprison and capture.
Mammoth Mutt (DC Comics/Krypto the Superdog)
Since Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10) can't cast spells in hazmat suit it ends up inflating instead.