|Line 65:||Line 65:|
[[Category:Form of magic]]
Revision as of 17:57, 28 September 2015
Power to cast spells by using magical writing, symbols, or arrays. Variation of Spell Casting.
- Inscription Magic
- Magical Writing
Users can write down magical spells, symbols, or arrays and activate them to create the desired effect. Users can imbue the written subjects with magic beforehand, so it won't consume their magical power when they do use it.
The writings can be transcribed into anything or with any medium so long as it is clearly written. As such, users can deploy traps by writing on the ground or walls. They can also transcribe long incantations into a written version in order to activate said spell much faster or create a new spell altogether by tweaking the words or symbols in original spells, or by combining parts of individual spells into one.
- Energy Infusion (inscriptions only)
- Magical Trap Construction
- Symbol Magic
- Spell Destabilization
- Spell Mixture
- Inscription Link : The user can link themselves to any inscription that they've written and have them act as an additional pair of eyes and ears. Useful for espionage, reconnaissance, or communication with allies.
- Shorthand : The user can inscribe incomplete spells in order to increase its effect flexibility. Due to the fact that the spell is incomplete, it has no set effect, thus the user can change up their tactics in a pinch. This comes in handy when fighting fast opponents, but since the spell is incomplete and has very little "components", the spell would be weaker than the complete version.
- Warp Script : The user can magically transport themselves to any inscription that they've written.
- Sloppy handwriting could cause the spell to be unstable.
- Spells could be changed or nullified if the written subject is destroyed or altered.
- Spells must be inscribed to work.
- Users may need to read the inscriptions to activate.
- Oriana Thomson (To Aru Majutsu No Index); via Shorthand
- Sherry Cromwell (To Aru Majutsu No Index); via magical arrays
- Styl (To Aru Majutsu No Index); via Opila runes
- Freed (Fairy Tail)
- Yomazaru (Fairy Tail)
- Moroha Haimura (Seiken Tsukai No World Dance)
- Angels (Supernatural); via Enochian Sigils
- Shadowhunters (Shadowhunter Chronicles); via Symbol Magic
- Clary Fray