- "Ram's head, forked tail, clove hoof, love's my trail
- I sup on your body, sip on your blood like wine
- Out world theirs, this world mine."
- ― Bruce Springsteen, "A Night With the Jersey Devil"
The power to use the abilities of the Jersey Devil. Variation of Cryptid Physiology.
- Jersey Devil Mimicry
- Leeds Devil Mimicry/Physiology
The user either is or can transform into the Jersey Devil, a legendary creature incorporating the traits of several animals, said to inhabit the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey. The creature is often described as a flying biped with hooves, but there are many variations including a kangaroo-like or wyvern-like creature with the head of a goat, leathery bat-like wings, horns, small arms with clawed hands, cloven hooves and a forked tail. It has been reported to move quickly and often is described as emitting a "blood-curdling scream".
The devil's origin is inconsistent, the most common version of the tale is that it is the thirteenth child of Mother Leeds, a whore and/or witch who, while giving birth, yelled out "let it be the devil!" for varying reasons, such as preferring to birth the spawn of Satan instead of another one of her husband's children. Either immediately or shortly after being born, the child transformed into a monster, and fled into the wilderness.
- Enhanced/Supernatural Condition
- Fearful Scream
- Horn Protrusion
- Wing Manifestation/Flight
See Also: The Jersey Devil.
- The Jersey Devil (American Dragon: Jake Long)
- Jersey Devil (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia)
- The Jersey Devil (Jack of Fables/The Wolf Among Us)
- Creature from Devil's Creek (Kaijumax)
- The Jersey Devil (The Legend of the Jersey Devil)
- The Jersey Devil (New Jersey Folklore)
- Sandpoint Devil (Pathfinder)
- The Jersey Devil (The Perhapanauts)
- The Jersey Devil (The Secret Saturdays)