The power to manipulate latex. Variation of Rubber Manipulation.
- Natural Rubber Manipulation
- Spandex Manipulation
The user can create, shape and manipulate latex, a stable dispersion (emulsion) of polymer microparticles in an aqueous medium. It is found in nature, but synthetic latexes can be made by polymerizing a monomer such as styrene that has been emulsified with surfactants.
Latex as found in nature is a milky fluid found in 10% of all flowering plants (angiosperms). It is a complex emulsion consisting of proteins, alkaloids, starches, sugars, oils, tannins, resins, and gums that coagulate on exposure to air. It is usually exuded after tissue injury. In most plants, latex is white, but some have yellow, orange, or scarlet latex. Since the 17th century, latex has been used as a term for the fluid substance in plants. It serves mainly as defense against herbivorous insects. Latex is not to be confused with plant sap; it is a separate substance, separately produced, and with separate functions.
The word latex is also used to refer to natural latex rubber, particularly non-vulcanized rubber. Such is the case in products like latex gloves, latex clothing and more.
- Artificial/Organic Generation of latex.
- Artificial/Organic Attacks using latex as a medium.
- Artificial/Organic Constructs using latex.
- Improbable Weapon Proficiency: by using latex as a weapon.
- Manipulate the properties of latex.
- Move/lift latex.
- Binding - trap/restrain targets in latex, like trapping them in cocoons of latex.
- Disguise Mastery: use/create prosthetics to change up one's body.
- Deoxygenation by cutting off airways of a victim trapped in latex.
- Artificial/Organic Mimicry to turn into living latex.
- Artificial/Organic Combat using latex.
- Artificial/Organic Aura of latex.
- Artificial/Organic Empowerment using latex.
- Artificial Element Manipulation
- Cloth Manipulation - Latex is often used in certain types of clothing
- Intimidation Intuition - Dominatrixes often wear black latex to appear intimidating.
- Medicine Manipulation - Latex is used in certain types of medicine.
- Organic Manipulation - Natural latex is organic.
- Plant Manipulation
- Poison Manipulation - Latex can be poisonous depending on how its used.
- Sap Manipulation
- Rubber Manipulation - Latex is synonymous with natural rubber
- May be unable to create latex, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Both extreme heat and cold can affect latex.
- Extreme Ultraviolet exposure can degrade latex.
- Can be broken down, when exposed to certain solvents.