- "Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do."
- ― Selenia, dark angel, Lightning Blast, Magic: The Gathering
- "Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
- ― Lion Turtle (Avatar the Legend of Aang)
- "Light can do a lot of things. It can illuminate. It can welcome. It can warm. As it turns out, it can also make laser beams that slice through protosteel"
- ― Toa Takanuva, BIONICLE
- "Light is the symbol of truth."
- ― James Russell Lowell
The power to manipulate light. Opposite to Darkness Manipulation.
- Light Element Control
- Photon Manipulation
- Visible Light Manipulation
- Visible Radiation Manipulation
The user can create, shape and manipulate visible light, commonly referred to as light, is electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye, and is responsible for the sense of sight.
Primary properties of visible light are intensity, propagation direction, frequency or wavelength spectrum, and polarization, while its speed in a vacuum (299,792,458 meters per second/186,000 MPS) is one of the fundamental constants of nature. Visible light, as with all types of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), is experimentally found to always move at this speed in a vacuum.
In common with all types of EMR, visible light is emitted and absorbed in tiny "packets" called photons and exhibits properties of both waves and particles. This property is referred to as the wave–particle duality. The study of light, known as optics, is an important research area in modern physics.
- Absolute Light
- Bend and/or shift light particles:
- Color Manipulation
- Light Absorption
- Light Attacks
- Light Contact
- Light Generation/Color Generation
- Light Negation
- Light Solidification
- Manipulate the properties of light.
- Move at light-speed.
- Photokinetic Constructs
- Light Aura
- Light Boundary
- Light Defense
- Light Empowerment
- Light Healing
- Light Mimicry
- Light Portal Creation
- Light Transmutation
- Light Warp
- Photokinetic Combat
- Photokinetic Invisibility
- Photokinetic Regeneration
- Photokinetic Surfing
- Conceptual Light Manipulation
- Dark Light Manipulation
- Death Light Manipulation
- Demonic Light Manipulation
- Empathic Light Manipulation
- Esoteric Light Manipulation
- Laser Manipulation
- Life Light Manipulation
- Light Energy Manipulation
- Light Magic
- Optical Phenomena Manipulation
- Primordial Light Manipulation
- Psychic Light Manipulation
- Sacred Light Manipulation
- Spiritual Light Manipulation
- Ultraviolet Manipulation
- White Light Manipulation
- Big Bang Inducement
- Day Embodiment
- Electromagnetism Manipulation
- Elemental Manipulation
- EM Spectrum Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Emotional Energy Manipulation - through empathic light.
- Life-Force Manipulation - light is often associated with life force.
- Light Boundary
- Light Element Manipulation
- Light Embodiment
- Light-Darkness Manipulation
- Light Form
- Light Weaponry
- Lightside View - by manipulating the bright areas of one's mind and soul.
- Mental Manipulation - by learning to control light of mind and soul.
- Perception Manipulation - by controlling peoples visual perception of reality.
- Photokinetic/Blindness Immunity
- Rainbow Manipulation
- Reflection Manipulation
- Solar Manipulation by manipulating sunlight.
- Spark Manipulation
- Tachyon Manipulation
- Truth Manipulation - light is associated with truth.
- Twilight Manipulation when combined with Darkness Manipulation.
- Vision Manipulation - light grants the sense of sight.
- Photokinetic Immunity
- May be unable to create light, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, energy mass, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Users light is affected by everything that all light is, unless they are powerful/skilled enough to overcome these limits:
- May be overwhelmed by Darkness Manipulation.
- Since light is a constant existing element, the user will have to keep any light constructs in check to keep them from going on forever.
- Weak against Light Boundary/Light Absorption.
See Also: Light 'em Up.
- Murakumo (Maken-Ki!)
- True Longinus (Highschool DxD)
- Pika Pika no Mi (One Piece)
- Noro Noro no Mi (One Piece)