- "This is amazing. There's so much power. So much...Cyclops has never used more than a fraction of full capacity. He's so afraid of it. He won't let himself go."
- ― Johnny Dee on Scott Summers/Cyclops (Marvel Comics)
The ability to block or induce limits into oneself or others' capacities, powers and/or abilities. Sub-power of Superpower Manipulation and Limit Manipulation. Opposite to Power Augmentation, Limiter Removal, and Superpower Evolution.
- Ability Block
- Aversion Inducement
- Power Limitations
- Restriction Inducement
User can induce various limits/limitations or blocks into oneself or others' capabilities, powers and/or abilities, for example removing their ability to increase their powers or skills, causing them to decrease or simply remove them.
- Attack Prevention
- Power Erasure
- Power Negation
- Limit the usage of a certain ability of the opponent makes them incapable of using it more than twice.
- Block the levels of power of the opponent making it impossible for them to evolve to another stage.
- Making opponents moves to lose their efficiency.
- Limit body functions.
- Limit Manipulation
- Power Immunity
- Power Level Division
- Power Reversal
- Taboo Inducement
- Almighty abilities are immune or defeat/surpass any limits by their very nature such as Omnipotence, Boundary Manipulation, Existential Perfection etc.
- Limitation Transcendence is the perfect counter.
- Limitations can be removed by Limiter Removal.
- May need to have high medical knowledge.
- Weak against Weakness Removal.
- Users of Flawless Indestructibility are immune.
- Joukkyu Kunotoshi (AIKI)
- Lost Force/Restrictors (Dirge of Cerberus)
- Frieza (Dragon Ball series)
- Rosario Galán-Grant (The Posterchildren)
- Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Bowyer (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
- Scott Summers/Cyclops (Marvel Comics)
- Eight Million Gods/Yaoyorozu no Kami (Touhou Project)
- Charlie Swan (Twilight Saga); limits the effects of psychic powers
- White Mage (Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest)
- Nen users (Hunter X Hunter)
- Vaccine "Metroid" (Metroid Fusion); weak against extreme cold
- Miraculouses (Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir)
- Devil Fruits (One Piece); weak against water and Seastone/Sea-Prism Stone