- "Idealism and false hope gave rise to even greater suffering and despair. Even if people were to finally connect heart to heart, they will realized that true mutual understanding can never be realised"
- ― Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
- "Loneliness is not a sin, no matter what the circumstances, I don't need help from others. Other people only get in the way. To help is mere pity. It is jealousy towards the strong. An insult to a noble spirit. To be alone is to be the only one. The privilege of a superior soul."
- ― Ōko Yushima (Bleach)
- "To the loneliest one...
- There is in certain living souls
- A quality of loneliness unspeakable
- So great it must be shared
- As company is shared by lesser beings
- Such a loneliness is mine; so know by this
- That in immensity
- There is one lonelier than you."
- ― Theodore Sturgeon, A Saucer of Loneliness
- Isolation Embodiment
- Loneliness Incarnate
- Solitude Embodiment
- The Lone Wolf
- The Loner
The user becomes the living embodiment of loneliness and gain the ability to become strong by being alone. To care only for oneself, to love only oneself, to be alone with no one to weigh one down, no emotional ties. If the user wishes then the user can create lesser beings from himself to satisfy the isolation; this technically does not count as friendship, as the beings are extensions of the user.
Loners technically believe that without companions to acknowledge them, the only way to affirm their existence is to protect their lives at all cost, granting a strong will of survival and existentialism. To ensure that they will not lose their one solid evidence that they ever came to be, solitude empowers them to ensure their own existence will not fade to black.
- Divided Mind
- Loneliness Empowerment
- Melancholy Manipulation
- Nostalgia Inducement
- Pride Embodiment
- Reality Departure
- Sadness Inducement
- Social Repulsion
- Supernatural Self-Preservation
- Ultimate Intangibility
- Causality Immunity
- Death Aspect Manifestation
- Dimensional Independence
- Emotional Energy Manipulation
- Independent Growing Booster
- Madness Aspect Manifestation
- Negative Energy Manifestation
- Will Empowerment
- The user becomes weakened if the user develops bonds or friendships.
- May be vulnerable to Friendship Embodiment.
- "Relationship with other people? I don't need that "power"! My power is simply an extreme power where no one is accepted!" — Kōga Kuchiki (Bleach)
- "Kanda, one last thing. Don't harbor any feelings for Code:Breakers. They will only leave you behind." — Hitomi (Code:Breaker)
- "If this world continues to reject me, then I shall reject the world." — Zeref (Fairy Tail)
- "But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your famous pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore." — Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)
- "Don't you think it's too big a burden for people like us to get close to people?" — Masato (Mermaid Saga)
- "I came to the conclusion that I would love only myself and fight for only myself. If all other people exist to magnify that love, then there is no more a splendid universe than this one... My existence will not vanish." — Gaara to Naruto Uzumaki and Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)
- "You have no siblings or parents. How could you understand anything about me?! You've been on your own since the beginning! What makes you think you know anything about me? Having that bond is what makes it painful! And how could you know what it feels like to lose that bond?!" — Sasuke Uchiha to Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
- "Sharks start out as eggs, but incubate and hatch in the womb. Sometimes the number of pups is less than the number of eggs that were fertilized. Do you know why? Cannibalism. The pups start eating each other within the mother's womb the moment they hatch. They start killing their siblings the moment they enter the world, viewing everything they see as nothing more than prey. As of today you and I are fellow members of Akatsuki. So be careful... of me" — Kisame Hoshigaki to Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
- "I can't lose to a bunch of sappy fools and their friendship crap!" — Tokagero (Shaman King)
- "Bonds... You're always going on about "bond" this, "bond" that, shut up already. What can a human like you even do?" — Tregear (Ultraman series)