The power to use magic/spells via a hat. Variation of Mystic Object.
- Cap/Chapeau Magic/Witchcraft/Wizardry
- Hat Witchcraft/Wizardry
- Headgear/Headpiece Magic/Witchcraft/Wizardry
- Helm/Helmet Magic/Witchcraft/Wizardry
User gains magical powers from a hat or other type of headgear. Though often seen as a performance accessory, the hat can enable for mystical enhancement, conjuring and even reality warping capabilities in the hands of a capable wearer.
- Magic Bestowal
- Magicians Intuition
- Mystic Object
- Powerful Objects
- Powers Via Object
- Anti-Magic/Magic Destruction/Magic Immunity/Magic Negation
- User may require a specific magic hat.
- User may be powerless without hat.
- Magic may have a price.
- Hat may be stolen.
- Strength of spells could dependent on strength of magic.
- Power within hat may strain the user.
See Also: Hat of Power.
- Ice King's crown (Adventure Time)
- Atlantean Helmet (DC Comics)
- Helmet of Fate (DC Comics)
- Tarnhelm (Der Ring des Nibelungen)
- Sorcerer Hat (Fantasia)
- Serpent Crown (Marvel Comics)
- Ezlo (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)
- Wander's hat (Wander Over Yonder)
- Golden Cap (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
- Kiki Helmet (Xiaolin Chronicles)
- Helmet of Jong (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Wushu Helmet (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Pan Tau's hat (Pan Tau)
- The Hobgoblin's Hat (Moomin)