- "Well, at least all that arm-waving and arcane babbling you did was impressive."
- ― Remand Flavor Text, Magic: The Gathering
- Anti-Magic Inducement
- Eldritch Negation
- Magic Canceling/Cancellation
The user can negate superhuman powers and effects that originate from magic. Spells, curses, hexes, jinxes and charms may all be negated by the user. In addition, magical objects/items and potions are rendered useless, while the effect of ley lines is diminished, according to the user's level of power. Magical creations even weaken, and eventually crumble, disperse or dissolve in the user's presence.
- Counteraction of ley lines.
- Destruction of magical constructs.
- Harm, disempowerment and/or destruction of magical creatures and (sometimes) magical spirits.
- Negation of magic powers.
- Neutralization of magic items.
- Often has no effect on one's own magic, unless desired.
- Teleportation Negation by negating teleportation spells.
- Spell Negation: The user can negate specifically spells (not magic items, creatures, etc)
- Foreign Forces Removal
- Magic Adaptation
- Magic Bypassing
- Magic Combat
- Magic Immunity
- Power Negation
- Only works on abilities, effects, creation and creatures magical in origin.
- May require one to be up close to negate the magic.
- May be difficult to activate.
- May be difficult or impossible to turn off.
- May only work on spells/rituals/incantations, only on magic items, only on magical creatures, or anything of the like.
- May not be able to stand with a group of magic-using allies.
- May only be able to negate the active powers of magical creatures leaving innate powers untouched.
- Users of Mystic Lock are immune.
- Almighty Magic cannot be negated.
See Also Anti-Magic.
- Nth Metal (DC Comics)
- Moon (Doraemon: Nobita's Great Adventure into the Underworld)
- The Crystal Jammer (Final Fantasy Type-0)
- Gadget Drone (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha); via Anti Magilink Field
- Thor's Hammer (Marvel Comics)
- Charmcaster's Magic Bag (Ben 10)
- Queen Chrysalis' Throne (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic); only non-changeling magic
- Enchanted Cuffs (Once Upon a Time)
- Belmont (Rosario + Vampire)
- Rose Quartz's shield (Steven Universe)
- Rule Breaker (TYPE-MOON)
- Gáe Dearg (TYPE-MOON)
- Stone of Dreams (Wizards of Waverly Place - The Movie); via Wish Granting
- Magic Sword - Dolce (Hardcore Leveling Warrior)