- Magic Absorption/Drain/Siphoning
- Magical Power Absorption/Drain/Siphoning
- Mana Absorption/Drain/Siphoning
- Mystic Dissipation
- MP/E Drain/Drainage
The user can absorb magical energy into their body and use it to fuel either their own magic or some other enhancement. This can render the user functionally immune to magic if they're capable of absorbing incoming magical effects, otherwise they may only be capable of preventing other magic users and objects from producing magical effects by robbing them of their power source. Not to be confused with Absorption Magic, which is the ability to use magic to create absorption effects.
- Adaptive Magic
- Energized Body
- Magic Attacks
- Magic Immunity
- Magic Negation or Magic Destruction
- Magic Empowerment
- Mystic Empowerment
- Magical Metabolization
- Power Absorption
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Energy Absorption
- Esoteric Energy Manipulation
- Magic Immunity
- Magical Energy Manipulation
- Magical Energy Storage
- Mana Draining Field Projection
- Spell Absorption
- Absorption Immunity/Absorption Negation can counteract this power.
- As this power is limited to magic, it won't be compatible with powers that have no relation with arcane forces.
- Can't absorb self-generated energy.
- The user's ability might not be compatible with either subjects or objects.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- Exceeding limit may cause various problems from discomfort to self-harm, or even death.
While not a limitation on its own, magic may return to the user's previous victim's/opponents once they are defeated/killed, or if their own magic-absorbing object is demolished.
- Demon-Dweller Sword (Black Clover)
- Demon-Destroyer Sword (Black Clover)
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- Staff of Magnus (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
- Sorcerer's Stone (Little Witch Academia)
- Ring Of Solomon (Marimashita! Iruma-kun)
- Uru (Marvel Comics)
- Wands of Watoomb (Marvel Comics)
- Staff of Sacanas (My Little Pony series)
- Bewitching Bell (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Magical cultural artifacts (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Twilight Sparkle's magic capture device (My Little Pony Equestria Girls)
- Darkstaff (Star Wars Legends)
- Jade Hairpin (White Snake)
- Dyad Tree (WITS Academy)
- Petricite (League of Legends)
- Black Magic Stone (Yankee Wa Isekai De Seirei Ni Aisaremasu)