- Magic Absorption/Siphoning
- Magical Power Absorption/Siphoning
- Mana Absorption/Siphoning
- Mystic Dissipation
- MP/E Drain/Drainage
The user can absorb magical energy, power and other forms of magic, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Adaptive Magic
- Assimilation Shield
- Energized Body
- Magic Attacks
- Magic Immunity
- Magic Negation or Magic Destruction
- Magic Empowerment
- Mystic Empowerment
- Magical Metabolization
- Power Absorption
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Energy Absorption
- Esoteric Energy Manipulation
- Magic Immunity
- Magical Energy Manipulation
- Magical Energy Storage
- Mana Draining Field Projection
- Spell Absorption
- Absorption Immunity can counteract this power.
- As this power is limited to magic, it won't be compatible with powers that have no relation with arcane forces.
- Can't absorb self-generated energy.
- The user's ability might not be compatible with either subjects or objects.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- Exceeding limit may cause various problems from discomfort to self-harm, or even death.
While not a limitation on its own, magic may return to the user's previous victim's/opponents once they are defeated/killed, or if their own magic-absorbing object is demolished.
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- Staff of Magnus (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
- Uru (Marvel Comics)
- Wands of Watoomb (Marvel Comics)
- Staff of Sacanas (My Little Pony series)
- Bewitching Bell (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Magical cultural artifacts (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Twilight Sparkle's magic capture device (My Little Pony Equestria Girls)
- Darkstaff (Star Wars Legends)
- Dyad Tree (WITS Academy)
- Petricite (League of Legends)