- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Associations
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Known Users
- 8 References
- 9 Gallery
- Arcane Energy Manipulation
- Arcane Life-Force Manipulation
- Ethernano Manipulation (Fairy Tail)
- Impersonal Energy Manipulation
- Magical Life-Force Manipulation
- Magoi Manipulation (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Prana Manipulation
- Sympathetic Energy Manipulation
Users can create, shape and manipulate mana, the energy behind all magic. It is also the impersonal source of energy that is both external and internal, existing in people, places and objects, and can be transmuted by the user into magical powers that yields upstanding results in both practice and combat.
Much like the ability of Life-Force Manipulation, the user is able to draw the energy from their surroundings. However, the ability of mana relies more on the use of different methods of magic such as spoken incantations, magic symbols and mystic items, like spell books, charms, talismans, weapons, etc. in order to achieve the effects that the user desires.
The user can use their mana reserve as a raw energy attacks.
- Ambient Energy Manipulation
- Magical Particle Manipulation
The user can use their mana for defensive purposes.
- Force Armor Generation
- Magic Resistance
- Magical Wall Generation
- Mana Draining Field Projection
- Spell Negation
- Strong Heart
The user can utilize the mana of nature to govern elemental forces.
- Esoteric Element/Esoteric Nature Manipulation
- Natural Energy Manipulation
The user can manifest mana with or around objects or beings in to provide intentional excess mana. The infusion is magically charged. It is normally temporary, but highly effective.
- Effect Stacking
- Energy Conversion
- Magic Aura
- Magic Infusion
- Mystic Object
- Physical Augmentation
- Potion Creation
- Power Augmentation
- Spell Creation
- Supernatural Bodily Aspects
Healing mana can be given to a being who has lost mana in order to repair physical and mental infliction.
- Empathic Healing
- Healing Blade Construction
- Healing Energy Manipulation
- Healing Shield Construction
- Health Optimization
- Magical Regeneration
- Medical Magic
- Mental Healing
- Mystical Healing
Users are able to use their mana to enchant their senses in order to mystically connect to the mana of others or objects.
- Energy Detection
- Energy Perception
- Magic Detection
- Sensory Scrying
- Sensory Tracking
- Weakness Detection
- May take time to control.
- May require objects of magic such as spell books, charms, amulets, runes, etc.
- If sentient, the magical energy may be able to overwhelm the user and take over them.
- Mana can drain the user and cause fatigue.
- Mana is a power that one may need to study.
- The strength and quantity of mana depends on the influence and authority one has.
- Control, discipline, and restraint are extremely important. Unconscious, emotion-influenced, impulsive, or reckless use of this power can be catastrophic.
- Users emotions may affect the magic directly, resulting in control being essential.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Vulnerable to Anti-Magic, Mana Draining Field Projection, Magical Energy Absorption, Magic Negation Field.
- Mana is a foundation of the Polynesian worldview, a spiritual quality with a supernatural origin and a pure, impersonal force. To have mana implies influence, authority, and efficacy—the ability to perform in a given situation. Similar concepts are also present in the Hawaiian and Tahitian culture.
- In Hawaiian and Tahitian culture, mana is a spiritual energy and healing power which can exist in places, objects, and persons. Hawaiians believe that mana may be gained or lost by actions, and Hawaiians and Tahitians believe that mana is both external and internal. Sites on the Hawaiian Islands and in French Polynesia are believed to possess mana.
- In the Gamera universe, mana is the ethereal energy source that connects all things, places, and people. It depends on the influence and authority one possesses over others. Given that Gamera is the guardian of the Earth, his mana is almost immeasurable.
- Missionary Robert Henry Codrington defines mana as "a force altogether distinct from physical power, which acts in all kinds of ways for good and evil, and which it is of the greatest advantage to possess or control."
- In many fantasy RPGs, mana acts as the source of the player's magical reserves.
See Also: Mana.
- Ethernano in Fairy Tail
- Mana on Wikipedia
- Mana in Ben 10
- Mana in Magic: The Gathering
- Mana in Type-Moon
- Mana in Black Clover
- Mana in League of Legends
- Mana and Mana Conversion Affinity in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
- Mana in World of Warcraft
- Mana in Mana series