The ability to use the abilities of Manananggal. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
The user is or has the ability to take on the form of Manananggal (lit. "one who separates itself"), a mythical creature of the Philippines, an evil, man-eating and blood-sucking monster or witch described as hideous, scary, often female, and capable of severing its upper torso and sprouting huge bat-like wings to fly into the night in search of its victims.
They mostly prey on sleeping, pregnant women, using an elongated proboscis-like tongue to suck the hearts of fetuses, or the blood of someone who is sleeping. The severed lower torso is left standing, and it is said to be the more vulnerable of the two halves. Sprinkling salt or smearing crushed garlic or ash on top of the standing torso is fatal to the creature. The upper torso then would not be able to rejoin itself and will die by sunrise.
Types of Manananggal
- Anatomical Liberation
- Mythic Physiology
- Organic Abomination
- Parasite Physiology
- Tentacle Extension
- Vampire Physiology
- Manananggals abhor garlic and salt and avoid daggers, light, vinegar, spices and the tail of a stingray.
- Anna (Dayo: Sa Mundo ng Elementalia)
- Manananggals (Elemento)
- Manananggal (Filipino Mythology/Folklore)
- Manananggal (Marvel Anime: Blade)
- Manananggal (RPG)
- Manananggal (Shake, Rattle & Roll)
- Manananggal (Megami Tensei series)
- Krasue (Vampirella)