SageM said the way you previously described Absolute Will was wrong so I removed that piece of information from the page (after he undid my edits countless times). So I was asking him how does it work if not the way you described. I know he won't reply because he's holding a grudge that should have died out eons ago.
1. So according to a lot of people, Absolute Will is the *Manipulation* part of Omnipotence (Omnipotence - Omnificence [as well as Omniscience] = Absolute Will) so it is the ability to achieve anything just by willing it to be so (that is if you will it hard enough). So now on the Omnipotence page, it used to say *an Omnipotent being can defeat the combined might of all creation *just by willing it* but now it says *just by wanting it*. So what I wanted to know is, do OP/Metapotent beings achieve their desired results the same way users of Absolute Will do? by willing it? Because that would mean that *want* and *will* are used interchangeably when in truth they simply mean achieving something with the slightest desire for it. Basically considered whimsical powers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Now Absolute Will is defined as the Willpower ONLY version of Absolute Existence yet it deals with Manipulation of things far beyond one's existence, why is that? Does that mean Absolute Existence is like Baby Omnipotence or Absolute Will has been falsely identified with Absolute Existence?
3. For Absolute Will, what decides that a user has *willed* something hard enough for it to happen? And is willing something to happen easy or difficult?
Again sorry for bombarding you with messages. I thought such powers would be a topic of interest for you.
Ha-ha, I work on one really great article which will take about 3 posts where I'll explain this whole wiki.
1. In my opinion, everything that is not clearly stated about some power is something author needs to determine. You see, there's such ability as Leviathan Physiology which means possessing the traits and abilities of leviathan, but it never states what that damn leviathan is. If you create some being in your verse and call it a leviathan, then you create a character who posses its properties and powers, then they will have Leviathan Physiology.
It seems to me the omnipotent being can achieve anything by just deciding so. If God is required to do something in order to use power, would that mean They are omnipotent? If They are required then there's something above Them. So, God can do anything by just deciding so.
2. Absolute Existence is personalised version of Omnipotence, which means it's basically Omnipotence in relation to self. I don't really understand why Absolute Will/Wish is an application of AE sincw they're both independent separated powers.
3. I think, that dapands on specific case. If user of AW makes a desicion then They will so to happen. I believe it's easy if They completely realize Their power.
Sorry for the late reply, thank you for explaining everything, it means a lot to me.
I couldn't really explain it so I made it on your wall for you. ^^
You can edit it simply by clicking 'Edit' right next to the title 'My favorite powers' and change it to whatever effect you desire. You can also link the powers that you list to the powers on the wiki so that when you click the power, it takes you directly to the page. You can also list the powers in numerical order when editing from the bullets to numbers 1 - ∞. Hope that helped you.
So in the case of Absolute Will, 'to will something' refers to 'achieving (something) by deciding to' or 'achieving (something) by very strongly wanting/wishing for it to happen'?
How exactly is Meta Probability Manipulation used in a real-life situation? Not how it generally functions but its practical usage.
Example: Does the user simply achieve/induce any effect they want just by choosing to do so, then the power itself either increases or decreases the probabilities on every level accordingly to make the effect happen?
Like if you had Meta Probability Manipulation RIGHT NOW! How would you use it? Can you give me the steps you'd take to achieve any effect of your choice.
Sorry for the bother, just wanted to hear if you know, because I don't and I think you're the best at explaining powers.
Wa? Do you ask me because you think I'm top 1 at explaining powers? OK, sure!
Meta Probability Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the chance of some event to happen. This has 3 applications:
1. Making certain event impossible to happen by reducing chance to 0%;
2. Making certain event necessarily to happen by increasing chance to 100%;
3. Making certain event more or less likely to happen.
Let's assume you play a lottery and you wish to win it. You know there are certain rules how lottery works and therefore you are awared of your chances. Usually, they are really low but with this power you just can make yourself the winner by altering your chance to win to 100%. Or you know a person who plays the same lottery you pretty much hate, you can make them unable to win by reducing the chance to 0%.
Practical usage of this ability is manipulating chances. Its user is pretty much nigh omnipotent because they can define certain outcomes 100% and 0%. For instance, let's pressume I want someone to bring me 1'000'000 dollars right now. This isn't likely to happen but MPM can easily make this happen. You can do nearly anything by making it likely to happen. Do you understand?
How to do anything with Meta Probably Manipulation:
1. User needs to assume the desirable result is possible.
2. They need to know the probability of desirable outcome and why it is so.
3. They need to manipulate this system to make certain event happen or not.
It seems MPM is an expression of Virtual Omnipotence. Like Ultipotence, user needs to understand its power and have clear image what they manipulate. If user doesn't know possibility of desirable action or doesn't believe it's possible, they cannot alter it.
So, Meta Probability Manipulation is an expression of Nigh Omnipotence through manipulating chances. The only requirements are assuming desirable outcome is possible and know how its probability and why it is so. If I was its user and wanted to make my friend victorious by making his chance to win 100% in a game I don't know, it won't likely happen. I need to realize original probability to change it.
Yep, you certainly are the best at explaining powers, now I actually understand how it works perfectly. I want to make an anime/story with this power because I think it would be awesome, especially if all its limitations are put into play.
Thank you so much for your help, feel free to ask me anything you wish at anytime you wish. I understand other powers except this one, until now. So thank you! ^^