Power to switch minds with other beings
- Body Hopping
- Body Swap
- Body Switching
- Brain Switch
- Mind Swap
Users can take over the mind of another, this may or may not accompany the target taking the mind of the user. Some users have changed so many times that they no longer know which body is their own. Some users can inhabit more than one mind at a time, producing a limited Hive Mind. There are users who can change minds among other individuals not including their own.
- May lose control over users own body.
- May not be able to return to a previous mind.
- May not be in full control sharing the mind with target.
- May have a limit on how long one can stay in a single mind.
- User may cause damage to host mind or body.
- User may be vulnerable while taking another mind.
- Transferring may take time.
- Transferring may require physical contact or an object.
- The switch may occur involuntarily.
- User is only inhabiting target space, and cannot look through memories or change things.
- Switching minds with people with powers or no powers will have dangerous results.
- The target will have the host's powers.
- The user will maintain their original power of swapping minds.
- The user will have the target's powers but don't know how to use it properly.
- Users of Indomitable Will, Strong Heart and/or Psychic Shield will resist or be immune to this ability.
- Manaphy/Phione (Pokemon); via Heart Swap
- Karma (Marvel)
- She-Hulk (Marvel)
- Captain Ginyu (Dragonball Z)
- Puppeteer (Top Cow's Freshmen)
- Jen (MisFits)
- Trafalgar Law (One Piece)
- Ino Yamanaka (Naruto)
- Inoichi Yamanaka (Naruto)
- Yamanaka Clan (Naruto)
- Charmcaster (Ben 10); using a spell
- Cambiador (Combo Ninos)
- Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)
- Patrick VanDusen (Super Smash Stadium)
- Swapper (Lilo and Stitch: The Series)
- Tren Krom (BIONICLE)
- The Change (CardCaptor Sakura)
- Astaroth (666 Satan/O-Parts Hunter)
- Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer); using the Draconian Katra.