The ability to switch with the mind of another.
- Mind Swap
- Brain Switch
- Body Hopping
Users can take over the mind of another, this may or may not accompany the target taking the mind of the user. Some users have changed so many times that they no longer know which body is their own. Some users can inhabit more than one mind at a time, producing a limited Hive Mind.
- May lose control over users own body
- May not be able to return to a previous mind
- May not be in full control sharing the mind with target
- May have a time limit on how many minds can be controlled
- May have a limit on how long one can stay in a single mind
- User may cause damage to host mind or body
- User may be vulnerable while taking another mind
- Transferring may take time
- Transferring may require physical contact.
- The switch may occur involuntarily.
- User is only inhabiting target space, and cannot look through memories or change things.
- Manaphy/Phione (Pokemon, via Heart Swap)
- Karma (Marvel)
- Captain Ginyu (Dragonball)
- Puppeteer (Top Cow's Freshmen)
- Ino Yamanaka (Naruto)
- Inoichi Yamanaka (Naruto)
- Yamanaka Clan (Naruto)
- Charmcaster (Ben 10 using a spell)
- Cambiador (Combo Ninos)
- Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)