- Fata Morgana Inducement
- Heat Haze Inducement
Mirages fall under two categories:
1) Inferior Image: A mirage that occurs when distant traveling light rays that pass through layers of air are bent. It is referred to as inferior because it occurs under a real object, like the sky. This type is unstable due to mixing layers of hot and cold air. (Ex: Heat Haze, an image of shimmering water on the hot ground).
2) Superior Image (Fata Morgana): A mirage that occurs when light rays pass through a temperature inversion (warm air set over top of cool air), causing them to bend downwards. It is referred to as superior as the image appears above the real object. It is rarer but much more stable. Most often seen in polar regions.
- Climate Manipulation
- Cold Air Manipulation
- Hot Air Manipulation
- Illusion Generation
- Illusion Manipulation
- Light Manipulation
- Optical Phenomena Manipulation
- Weather Manipulation
- May not be able to do any real harm to targets.
- May be undone if target realizes they are not real.
- Air Manipulation/Light Manipulation could undo the effects.
- Users of Hyper Awareness may be able to sense mirages aren't real.
- Indigo Tribe (DC Comics); via Power Staff
- Star Sapphires (DC Comics); via Power Ring
- Michal (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Genesis of Universe); via Dark Mirage
- Gengetsu Hōzuki (Naruto); with Giant Clam
- Nami (One Piece); via Art of Weather/Perfect Clima-Tact
- Staff Officer Enlil (Oreca Battle)
- Shadow Slicer (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Hamunaptra (The Mummy)