The ability to to remove a being's ability to speak or vocally communicate. Sub-power of Silence Manipulation.
- Vocal Revocation
The user can remove a being's ability to speak or vocally communicate temporarily or permanently, which can severely limit an opponent's ability to relay information. If the target has to speak to use their abilities (speaking to cast a spell, activate technology, etc.), this naturally makes them impossible to use.
- Muscle Manipulation if the effect is caused by manipulating vocal cords.
- Sensory Deprivation
- Silence Manipulation
- Sound Absorption
- Sound Manipulation
- Opponents with Telepathy are not hindered by the user's ability.
- If the user is incapacitated, the user's power will wear off.
- May have a limit on how many people user can affect at once or at the same time.
- Marnot (Marvel Comics)
- Shriek (Batman Beyond)
- Demons (Judeo-Christian Mythology)
- Val Santiago (Lost Girl)
- Silencing Charm users (Harry Potter)