- "You...I can taste a new soul on you...barely formed...succulent...Danielle."
- ― Shuma-Gorath to Luke Cage on his daughter (Marvel Comics)
The ability to learn the names or other identifiers of people or objects. Opposite to Recognition Inhibition.
The user can learn the target's true name by looking at a person or object, ignoring aliases and other false names.
- May be used to pierce disguises.
- May bypass limitations of other powers.
- Identity Dominance
- May have unusual activation requirements.
- Not particularly useful except in conjunction with another power.
- Does not grant understanding of a name's significance or meaning.
- Some beings like those with Nonexistent Physiology might be nameless.
- Jonathan Kappel (Anima: Beyond Fantasy)
- Ichibē Hyōsube (Bleach)
- Ōetsu Nimaiya (Bleach); only the names of Zanpakutō and Asauchi
- Users of Shinigami Eyes (Death Note)
- An Alternate Minmax (Goblins)
- Shinichiro Asano (Isuca)
- Nodoka Miyazaki (Mahou Sensei Negima!)
- Shuma-Gorath (Marvel Comics)
- The Profiler (Moon Knight)
- Truenamer (Planescape)
- Bastian (The Neverending Story)
- Rinnosuke (Touhou)
- Ruler-class Servants (TYPE-MOON) via True Name Discernemnt
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.