- "You...I can taste a new soul on you...barely formed...succulent...Danielle."
- ― Shuma-Gorath to Luke Cage on his daughter (Marvel Comics)
The user can learn the target's true name by looking at a person or object, ignoring aliases and other false names.
- May be used to pierce disguises.
- May bypass limitations of other powers.
- May have unusual activation requirements.
- Not particularly useful except in conjunction with another power.
- Does not grant understanding of a name's significance or meaning.
- Some beings like those with Nonexistent Physiology might be nameless.
- Jonathan Kappel (Anima: Beyond Fantasy)
- Ichibē Hyōsube (Bleach)
- Ōetsu Nimaiya (Bleach); only the names of Zanpakutō and Asauchi
- Gods of Death/Shinigami (Death Note)
- Humans with shinigami eyes (Death Note)
- An Alternate Minmax (Goblins)
- Shinichiro Asano (Isuca)
- Nodoka Miyazaki (Mahou Sensei Negima!)
- Shuma-Gorath (Marvel Comics)
- The Profiler (Moon Knight)
- Truenamer (Planescape)
- Bastian (The Neverending Story)
- Rinnosuke (Touhou)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.