The power to generate, conjure, and manipulate Nether, the essence that flows through the realms of the Living and the Dead. Sub-power of Ethereal Manipulation. The source of powers such as Death-Force Manipulation, Dark Arts, Necromancy, and Mediumship. Not to be confused with Dark Energy Manipulation. Opposite to Aether Manipulation.
- Anti/Dark Quintessence
- Dark Aether (The Legend of Spyro Series)
- Nether Element Control
- The Abyssal Element
- The Chthonian Element
- The Dark Element
- The Nether Force
- The Sixth Element
- The Final Element
User can create, shape and manipulate Nether, the "Chthonian Element" that flows through the realms of the living, and the Dead. Nether is most known as the substance that makes up the Underworld, a subterranean dimension where all souls go when they pass on. Nether is very similar to Aether “the Celestial Element” in that it is from a Plane that exists between the planes of both matter, and energy.
Like Aether, Nether is a Spiritual Element, which means it cannot be perceived by any physical sense. It represents the destructive part of reality and as such all such forces are derived from it. The only way Nether can be physically seen is if it were mixed with an element of the Physical Realm, with Darkness, Fire, or Earth being the most common choices.
- Cosmological Force Manipulation: Users will be able to control many spiritual, cosmic, and elemental forces as Nether created and binds them all together.
- Astral Manipulation: Being ethereal in form, users will be able to command spiritual forces.
- Cosmic Manipulation: Gain a powerful influence over the universal forces and celestial bodies that encompass the universe.
- Celestial Manipulation/Infernal Manipulation: Gain Dark Powerful Influence over the Cosmos with Diabolical Influence and Dark Divine Power in the universe.
- Primordial Darkness Manipulation: Control the Darkness That Existed at the beginning and everything will return to at the very end.
- Time Manipulation: To have control over the essence of time
- Death-Force Manipulation: Use the energetic forces of death and the underworld.
- Destruction: Use Nether to Collapse anything into the endless depths of oblivion.
- Destructive Energy Manipulation. Nether Users can channel it’s Destructive Energy.
- Elemental Manipulation/Transcendent Elemental Manipulation: Use the Power of Nether to Manipulate both the Normal and Transcendent Sides of the Elemental Forces.
- Entropy Manipulation: To manipulate the entropic forces.
- Malefic Force Manipulation
- Nether Attacks
- Nether Constructs
- Nether Generation
- Nether Solidification
- Yin Manipulation
- Dark Divinity - Nether Is a Darker Version of Aether/Quintessence (The Celestial Element), perhaps Dark Deities can manipulate this Power.
- Hell Lordship - The Netherworld is often considered the same as Hell.
- Magic - in some verses, the Nether may be able to control Magic.
- Malefic Force Manipulation
- Transcendent Force Manipulation
- Underworld Lordship
In certain variations, Nether is the sixth of the Classical Elements.
- Death (Folklore/Mythology)
- Father Time (Folklore/Mythology): possible
- Achlys (Greek Mythology)
- Yggdrasil (History of the Jotunn)
- Swarm of Night (The Chathrand Voyages)
- Sephiroth (Compilation of Final Fantasy VII)
- Lu/Ciel (Elsword)
- Shinnok (Mortal Kombat series)
- Nethers (Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus)
- Death (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Netherworld Princess (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Death (Marvel)
- Yakumo (Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report)