The power to generate, conjure, and manipulate Nether, the essence that flows through the realms of the Living and the Dead. Sub-power of Ethereal Manipulation. The source of powers such as Death-Force Manipulation, Dark Arts, Necromancy, and Mediumship. Not to be confused with Dark Energy Manipulation. Opposite to Aether Manipulation.
- Dark Aether (The Legend of Spyro series)
- Dark Ether Manipulation
- Nether Element Control
- The Netherforce
- The Chthonian Element
- The Dark Element
- The Abyssal Element
User can create, shape and manipulate Nether, the "Chthonian Element" that flows through the realms of the living, and the Dead. Nether is most known as the substance that makes up the Underworld, a subterranean dimension where all souls go when they pass on. Nether is very similar to Aether “the Celestial Element” in that it is from a Plane that exists between the planes of both matter, and energy.
Like Aether, Nether is a Spiritual Element, which means it cannot be perceived by any physical sense. It represents the destructive part of reality and as such all such forces are derived from it. The only way Nether can be physically seen is if it were mixed with an element of the Physical Realm, with Darkness, Fire, or Earth being the most common choices.
- Cosmological Force Manipulation: Users will be able to control many spiritual, cosmic, and elemental forces as Nether created and binds them all together.
- Astral Manipulation: Being ethereal in form, users will be able to command spiritual forces.
- Celestial Manipulation: Gain great power over the cosmos with heavenly influence and divine power in the universe.
- Cosmic Manipulation: Gain a powerful influence over the universal forces and celestial bodies that encompass the universe.
- Elemental Manipulation: Use ethereal power to control elemental forces.
- Spatial Manipulation: Use Nether to bend the fabric of space.
- Death-Force Manipulation: Use the energetic forces of death and the underworld.
- Dark Energy Manipulation: Manipulate the dark energy of the Nether.
- Destructive Energy Manipulation: Control the Nether's destructive energy.
- Death Element Manipulation: Control the lethal force of the Nether's elements.
- Spiritual Force Manipulation: Being well adjusted to souls, users can control spiritual energy.
- Time Manipulation: To have control over the essence of time
- Entropy Manipulation: To manipulate the entropic forces
- Death Transcendence
- Destruction: Collapse anything into the endless depths of the Nether.
- Gravity Manipulation: Use the energy of the Nether to control gravity.
- Magic: Control the Mystical side of the Nether.
- Reality Warping: To use energy from Nether to warp the figment of reality
- Manipulate the properties of the Nether.
- Nether Attacks
- Nether Constructs
- Nether Generation
- Nether Solidification
- Ethereal Manipulation
- Hell Lordship - The Netherworld is often considered the same as Hell.
- Nether Weaponry
- Transcendent Energy Manipulation
- Underworld Lordship
In certain variations, Nether is the sixth of the Classical Elements.
- The Entity (AT4W)
- Swarm of Night (The Chathrand Voyages)
- Sephiroth (Compilation of Final Fantasy VII)
- Lu/Ciel (Elsword)
- Death (Folklore/Mythology)
- Achlys (Greek Mythology)
- Yggdrasil (History of the Jotunn)
- Death (Marvel)
- Shinnok (Mortal Kombat series)
- Nethers (Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus)
- Death (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Netherworld Princess (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Yakumo (Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report)