- "Everything is what I say it is! If I decide that granite is squeezably soft, it is! If I decide that cows have wings, they do! To put it another way, cows do not have wings because I don't want them to! My imagination and reality are virtually indistinguishable! All existence, except me, might as well be a figment of my imagination! Maybe it is! I might have just dreamed all this up, including wingless cows! But then, the whole point is that it makes no difference!"
- ― The Beyonder (Marvel Comics)
The power to be nearly all-powerful. Lesser version of Omnipotence.
- Almost Absolute/Almighty/All-Powerful/Beyond-All/Ultimate/Supreme Power
- Defective/Flawed/Imperfect/Limited/Questionable/Restricted/Semi/Virtual Omnipotence
- Nearly Infinite/Boundless/Limitless/Unlimited Power
- Near Absolute/Infinite/Limitless Power
Users wield supreme power, but they have some form of limitation/weakness that limits them from being truly omnipotent. They may be absolute in specific fields or may achieve an almost infinite number of effects across all fields with their near-omnipotent skills.
Despite being limited, the user still possesses an unimaginable level of power at their will. Depending on the series, the user's power may or may not backfire or drive them insane. Nigh-Omnipotence has various types: Some users are created outright with it and can innately learn their powers like breathing. Some users are bestowed and require extra training to know fully about it. Some users may be sealed/fused with it and need to realize what their power is, and some users gain this by supernatural means and can master this with ease.
Morality of Nigh-Omnipotence is free than most, if not all, insane abilities. Also, Nigh-Omnipotence is not well-demonstrated in fictional stories, movies, or TV series. This way, Nigh-Omnipotent beings can be good, evil, neutral, hero, villain, anti-hero, anti-villain, criminal, trickster, mad scientist, black magician, chaotic, tyrant, madman, psychopath, or anything else imaginable. Any morality is possible as long as the ability is limited to true omnipotence.
Nigh-Omnipotence and Omnipotence are almost similar in every way. Between the two, one is a state of limitless power and the other a state of near-limitless power.
It ranges from the lowest level to the highest level: some users can do anything but are limited to certain spatial/temporal/dimensional areas; other users are absolutely invincible, immortal, invulnerable and have no weaknesses but they can't do something in a particular way, have limited powers or can't affect something. No matter how powerful the user is, they will always be limited to certain exceptions.
While the user isn't truly omnipotent, they still possess many high-end abilities including but not limited to: Absolute Force Manipulation, Absolute Psionics, Absolute Will, Nigh-Complete Arsenal, Psionic Godhood, Physical Godhood, Nigh-Absolute Immortality, Nigh-Omnipresence, Nigh-Omniscience, Omniverse Manipulation and Reality Warping. The user can achieve unimaginable effects and can possess almost unlimited power.
In short, the user is almost all-powerful and nearly invincible.
- All Nigh Powers: Have powers and abilities that can do almost anything.
- Absolute Will: Have limitless willpower.
- Creation/Omnificence: Can create anything the user wants on a small scale or cosmic scale and beyond.
- Concept Manipulation: Manipulate any/all concepts and abstract ideas.
- Destruction/Absolute Destruction: Cause damage and destruction on a small scale or massive scale.
- Reality Warping: Warp reality on a level of power so high that the user can be considered (close to) omnipotent.
- Supernatural Manipulation: Manipulate the supernatural, paranormal, unknown and things that shouldn't be possible.
- Tetralogy (Non-Omnipotent): Control the 4 aspects of existence. Divinity, Magic, Philosophy and Science.
- Absolute Condition: Have all their capabilities, attributes and aspects at a maximum and limitless level.
- Freedom: The user is independent of everything, with the exception of the omnipotent, or another more powerful nigh-omnipotent.
- Indeterminacy: Have an immeasurable amount of power that can't be understood nor described.
- Nigh-Absolute Immortality/Absolute Immortality: Be almost or completely supremely eternal and indestructible.
- Transcendent Physiology: Possess the traits, attributes and abilities of Transcendent Being.
- Magically Enhanced Physiology: Has their entire physiology completely enhanced with magic.
- Physics Powered Physiology: To be powered by physical forces and composed out of them.
- Psychic Entity Physiology: "Body" is formed from psionic forces and materialized thought.
There are 4 main aspects/derivations of Nigh-Omnipotence. These; Almighty Ascension, Physical Godhood, Psionic Godhood and Omni-Magic.
- Almighty Ascension: Can ascend and gain virtual omnipotence.
- All Transcendent Powers: Have all powers that help the user reach godlike powers or form.
- Absolute Spirituality: Possess absolute spiritual power and status.
- Alpha/Omega Reality: Control the beginning and the end of all realities.
- Autopotence: All-powerful over themselves, including their existence.
- Etherius Warping: Warp existence through direct control of ether.
- Supreme Divinity: Have powers from the absolute highest divine source.
- Transcendence Manipulation: Can manipulate things that are transcendent, meta or beyond.
- Omni-Magic: Possess absolutely every type of magic that exists as well as other mystical and supernatural forces.
- Magic Ascendancy: Possesses abilities beyond the laws and scope of magic, resulting in the user being of unfathomable power
- Meta Magic: Can use a magic form that transcends the rules and limits of magic.
- Magic Manipulation: Able to create, shape, and manipulate magic, a form of arcane power to achieve supernatural effects.
- Psionic Godhood: Masterfully control all psionic and psychic powers to unlimited scales.
- Psycho Warping: Frightening anomaly in the field of psychic powers.
- Cosmic/Omni-Psionics: Have psionics on a cosmic scale & Possess absolutely all psychic abilities.
- Cosmic/Meta-Awareness: Be aware of everything on a cosmic and quantum level and beyond.
- Cosmic/Omni-Empathy: Empathize with everything on a cosmic scale and beyond.
- Cosmic/Omni-Manipulation: Manipulate everything on a cosmic scale and beyond.
- Cosmic/Omni-Telepathy: Telepathy with anything on a cosmic scale and beyond.
- Cosmic/Meta Teleportation: Travel by teleporting anywhere and time on a cosmic scale and beyond.
- Perspective Manipulation: Manipulate reality, its properties and values by changing your perspective on reality.
- Meta-Concept Manipulation: Manipulate metaphysical concepts that are irrational and cannot be understood.
- Logic Manipulation: Can manipulate logic, the reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
- Logic Defiance: Defy any rules of logic and reason to perform impossible, illogical and irrational feats.
- Normalcy Manipulation: Can manipulate normality, making erratic behavior/craziness, superpower and/or nonsensical.
- Paradox Manipulation: Can manipulate any paradox or be beyond common sense; an unexplained phenomenon.
- Boundary Manipulation: Manipulate the boundaries of anything.
- Physical Godhood: Freely manipulate, perceive and understand all aspects of existence through science.
- Omni-Physics Manipulation: Manipulate any and all types, forms and aspects of physics.
- Meta Space-Time Manipulation: Manipulate the space-time continuum of every reality.
- Quantum Foam Manipulation: Manipulate the quantum foam.
- Absolute Force Manipulation: Possess absolute and infinite control over all forces.
- Quantum String Manipulation: Bend reality by altering the 'quantum strings' which make up reality.
- Meta Probability Manipulation: Can manipulate any probability, regardless of its nature or scale.
- Causality Manipulation: Manipulate causality, the relationship between cause and effect.
- Type 1: The users wield nigh-omnipotence via objects/weapons/items that holds nearly unlimited power. These users are almost invincible with their only limitation being that of the object they hold (and usually their arrogance).
- Type 2: The users who become nearly all-powerful and virtually invincible by transcending themselves into a higher state of power becoming the most powerful being in existence capable of doing almost anything but can be limited to higher beings more powerful than it or just the supreme being as they can be defeated by those beings.
- Type 3: The users are the most powerful reality warpers who will be nigh-omnipotent over time or after gaining the right control. These users possess an high control over reality, space-time, existence and anything else but yet limited by their natural weaknesses.
- Type 4: The users are bestowed with nigh-omnipotence via certain almighty forces or by a supreme being. They can affect reality on an essentially limitless level and control anything, allowing them to achieve almost anything. They may have only one or two weakness based on their particular nature.
- Type 5: The users who are created with or have been given nigh-omnipotence by their creator(s). They can do anything easily and can warp existence beyond their own realm. They are not bound to any rules or laws, allowing them to overcome all of their limitations and weaknesses. They are only limited by their creator(s) and certain almighty laws. Only their creators can defeat them and limit/effect/manipulate/negate their powers. Despite this, they are the most powerful beings in their own realms. They are truly the most powerful nigh-omnipotent beings across all of existence and beyond.
- Contingent Omnipotence
- Illusory Omnipotence
- Imagination-Based Powers
- Unstable God
- Nigh-Omnipotence Bestowal
- Nigh-Omnipotent Entity Creation
- Powerful Objects
- Powers Via Object
- Transcendent Physiology
- Ultimate Power
- Will never be or cannot beat an omnipotent.
- The limitations of a nigh-omnipotent can vary a lot as the power itself is infinitely diverse with infinite possibilities, variety, types and ways on what it can be. Some can have one weakness while others can have multiple weaknesses.
- Dreamtime (Aboriginal Mythology)
- The Almighty (Bleach)
- Swayambhu (Hinduism)
- Golden Power (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Henosis (Neoplatonism)
- Apeiron (Philosophy)
- Arche (Philosophy)
- The Flood (SCP Foundation)
- Aseity (Theology)
- Tenkai Energy (Tenkai Knights)
- The Dragon's Flame (Winx Club)
- Pleroma (Mythology)