- "With this song, I can do anything!"
- "Anything... except escape!"
- ― Cyborg and the Evil Dragon (Teen Titans Go!)
- "What are you?"
- "I am just what you think I am, Megan. A "proto-mutant." It's as good a name as any. And I have the misfortune of being omnipotent, so I was forced to watch my entire race die, and live with that for the last seven hundred years."
- ― Gabriel Shepherd to Megan Gwynn/Pixie (Marvel Comics)
- "You don't know what I am!! And you don't know what I can do!"
- "I'm Doctor Who in this mother---ucker!
- "I could be a clone! I could be a hologram!
- "We could be clones controlled by robots controlled by special headsets that the real Rick and Morty are wearing while they're fu--ing your mother!!"
- ― Rick Sanchez to a General (Rick and Morty S03E10: The Rickchurian Mortydate)
- "With unlimited power comes responsibility. Do you think it is reasonable for us to allow omnipotent beings to roam free through the universe?"
- ― Q (Star Trek TNG S06E6: True Q)
The power to be nearly all-powerful. Lesser version of Omnipotence.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Nigh-Omnipotent Abilities
- 5 Types
- 6 Variations
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Known Users
- 10 Known Objects
- 11 Known Powers
- 12 Gallery
- Almost-Absolute/Almighty/Meta/Pata/Omni/Omnipotent/Infinite/Ultimate/God's/Boundless/Limitless/Unlimited/Total/True/Perfect/Complete Power
- Balanced Omnipotence
- Close to Omnipotence
- Edge of Omnipotence
- Flawed/Imperfect/Limited/Restricted Omnipotence
- Inherent Omnipotence
- Near/Semi Omnipotence
- Nearly All-Powerful
- Nearly God's Power
- Near-Supreme/Infinite/Limitless/Ultimate/Unlimited Power
- Nearly Above/Beyond-All
- Practical/Virtual Omnipotence
The user wields supreme power, but they have some form of limitation/weakness that limits their power and hinders them from being truly omnipotent. They may be absolute on specific fields and/or may simply be able to achieve an almost infinite number of effects across all fields with their near-omnipotent skills.
Despite being limited, the user still possesses an unimaginable level of power fully at their will. Depending on the series, all of the power the user possesses may or may not backfire or drive them insane. Nigh-Omnipotence has various types: Some users are created outright with it and can innately learn their powers like breathing. Some users are bestowed with it and require extra training to know fully about it. Some users may be sealed/fused with it and just need to realize what their power is, and some users gain this by certain supernatural means and can master this with ease.
Morality of Nigh-Omnipotence is absolutely freer than most, if not all, insane abilities. Also, Nigh-Omnipotence is not well-demonstrated in fictional stories, movies or TV series. This way, Nigh-Omnipotent beings can be good, bad, evil, neutral, hero, villain, anti-hero, anti-villain, criminal, trickster, mad scientist, black magician, chaotic, tyrant, madman, psychopath or anything else imaginable. Any morality is possible as long as the ability is flawed omnipotence.
Nigh-Omnipotence and Omnipotence are almost similar in every way. Difference between them is: One is the state of being all-powerful and the other is the state of nearly unlimited power.
It ranges from the lowest level to the highest level: some users can do anything but are limited to certain spatio/temporal/dimensional areas; other users are absolutely invincible, immortal, invulnerable and have no weaknesses but they can't do something in a particular way, have limited powers or can't affect something. No matter how powerful the user is, they will always be limited to certain things.
While the user isn't truly omnipotent, they still possess many high-end abilities including but not limited to: Absolute Force Manipulation, Absolute Psionics, Absolute Will, Nigh-Complete Arsenal, Psionic Godhood, Physical Godhood, Nigh-Absolute Immortality, Nigh-Omnipresence, Nigh-Omniscience, Omniverse Manipulation and Reality Warping. The user can achieve unimaginable effects and can possess almost unlimited power.
In short, the user is almost all-powerful and nearly invincible.
- All Nigh-Omnipotent Powers
- Nigh-Absolute Immortality - Be almost supremely eternal and indestructible.
- Nigh-Complete Arsenal - Possess almost all powers and abilities.
- Nigh-Omnipresence - Be present almost everywhere at the same time.
- Nigh-Omniscience - Know almost anything and everything.
- Absolute Condition - Have infinite levels of physical and mental attributes.
- Absolute Illusion Manipulation - Generate and manipulate almost true illusions.
- Absolute Restoration - Restore absolutely anything to its original state.
- Resurrection - Bring the dead back to life.
- Absolute Will - Manipulate absolutely anything with unlimited willpower.
- Biological Manipulation - Manipulate the biological aspects of living beings.
- Concept Manipulation - Manipulate the abstract idea of everything.
- Cosmic Manipulation - Manipulate the cosmic forces of the universe.
- Creation - Create anything out of nothing.
- Destruction - Destroy anything.
- Greater Divinity - Possess godlike powers on a higher level.
- Meta Probability Manipulation - Manipulate infinite possibilities.
- Meta Space-Time Manipulation - Manipulate space and time on an infinite scale.
- Meta Teleportation - Teleport everywhere in existence without any limit.
- Nothingness Manipulation - Manipulate the absence of everything.
- Omnifarious - Shape-shift into anything without any limit.
- Omni-Psionics - Have all psionic/psychic/mental powers.
- Oneiric Reality Manipulation - Manipulate reality via dreams of oneself or others.
- Physical Godhood - Freely manipulate, perceive and understand all aspects of existence.
- Psionic Godhood - Wield nearly infinite godlike power in the mind.
- Absolute Psionics - Possess unimaginable and metaphysical psychic powers.
- Quantum Foam Manipulation - Manipulate the smallest level and foundation of reality.
- Reality Warping - Manipulate the laws of reality at an nigh-omnipotent level.
- Science-Magic Ascendancy - Have capabilities beyond science and magic.
- Spatial-Temporal Lock - Exist outside of space and time.
- Superpower Manipulation - Manipulate supernatural powers of oneself or others.
- Total Conversion - Transform anything into everything.
- Unfettered Body - Be immortal and physically indestructible.
- Universal Manipulation/Multiversal Manipulation - Manipulate the entire universe/multiverse.
- Create huge vortexes or wormholes to other planets, worlds, and any realm the user desires.
- Absolute Condition
- Absolute Manipulation
- Absolute Psionics
- Absolute Will
- Absolute Force Manipulation
- Concept Manipulation
- Etherius Warping
- Event Manipulation
- Existence Manipulation
- Greater Divinity
- Miracle Manipulation
- Nigh-Complete Arsenal
- Omniverse Manipulation
- Physical Godhood
- Psionic Godhood
- Perspective Manipulation
- Power Embodiment
- Quantum Foam Manipulation
- Reality Embodiment
- Reality Warping
- Science-Magic Lordship
- Self Transcendence
- Subjective Reality
- Superpower Manipulation
- Transcendent Physiology
- Type 1: The users wield nigh-omnipotence via objects/weapons/items that holds nearly unlimited power. These users are almost invincible with their only limitation being that of the object they hold (and usually their arrogance).
- Type 2: The users who become nearly all-powerful and virtually invincible by transcending themselves into a higher state of power becoming the most powerful being in existence capable of doing almost anything but can be limited to a supreme level of beings as they can be defeated by that being.
- Type 3: The users are bestowed with nigh-omnipotence via certain almighty forces or by other means that possess limitless powers. These users possess decent control over reality, space-time, existence and anything else. They are only limited by that force and only a higher being can negate the force, thus rendering them powerless. They may have only one or two weakness based on their particular nature.
- Type 4: The users are the most powerful reality warpers who are nigh-omnipotent from the very beginnings of their powers. They can affect reality on an essentially limitless level and control anything, allowing them to achieve anything yet limited by their natural weaknesses.
- Type 5: The users who are created with or have been given nigh-omnipotence by a Supreme Being or Metapotent Beings or Ultipotent Beings. They can do anything easily and can warp existence beyond their own realm. They are not bound to any rules or laws, allowing them to overcome all of their limitations and weaknesses. They are only limited by their creator(s) and certain almighty laws. Only their creators can defeat them and limit/effect/manipulate/negate their powers. Despite this, they are the most powerful beings in their own realms. They are truly the most powerful-and-strongest nigh-omnipotent beings across all of existence and beyond. This level of nigh-omnipotence could be considered near a Ultipotent level of power due to the amount of power and control over that power.
- Almighty Ascension
- Nigh-Omnipotence Bestowal
- Nigh-Omnipotent Entity Creation
- Despite the unfathomable power they posses, users would still be infinitely inferior to Omnipotent, Metapotent and Ultipotent beings and could be defeated by them.
- Weak against Omni-Manipulation.
- Can be absorbed by Omni-Absorption
- Can be controlled by Omniarch
- Can be destroyed by Absolute Destruction
- Can be embodied by Totality Embodiment
- Can be erased by Absolute Erasure
- Can be distorted by Omni Distortion
- Can be negated by Omni-Negation
- Can be opposed by Omnicounter
- Can be transcended by Absolute Transcendence
- Weak against Meta Power Manipulation.
- Omni-Power Replication, Fictional Mimicry, and Existence Replication can replicate the user's power.
- May not being able to alter others' free will.
- May be vulnerable to Transcendent Negation.
- May be weak to a certain item, weapon, ability, or concept.
- May go insane with all the powers they possess due to being unable to handle the tremendous ability effectively or the insight it grants.
- Destabilization may destabilize Nigh Omnipotence and make it unstable.
Offensive & Defensive Flaws
- Absolutely Invincible beings cannot be beaten by Nigh-Omnipotence.
- Beings with Meta Power Immunity, Omni-Immunity, Omnilock and Reader Embodiment are immune to the users power.
- Omni Powers are either highly resistant or immune.
- Beings with Absolute Manipulation and Author Authority can affect the user.
- Users might be infinitely inferior to Almighty Science or Almighty Magic.
- Users of Absolute Immortality, Absolute Invulnerability, and Flawless Indestructibility cannot be killed or harmed.
- Users of Superior Adaptation can adapt to nigh-omnipotent beings.
- Dreamtime (Aboriginal Mythology)
- The Almighty (Bleach)
- Swayambhu (Hinduism)
- Golden Power (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Henosis (Neoplatonism)
- Apeiron (Philosophy)
- Arche (Philosophy)
- The Flood (SCP Foundation)
- Aseity (Theology)
- Tenkai Energy (Tenkai Knights)
- The Dragon's Flame (Winx Club)
- Pleroma (Mythology)