- "I will show you absolute nothingness. Genesis Zero!"
- ― Zero (Fairy Tail)
The power to manipulate nothingness. Opposite to Completeness Manipulation.
- Oblivion Power/Manipulation
- Śūnyatā Manipulation
- Void Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate nothingness, the absence of entities or substance; with this they can remove energy and matter from existence, by simply making things disappear, preventing energy from ever being conceived or via varied other means. They can control the essence of oblivion, allowing them to delete an eternity, removing targets from all lineages of time in every dimension, alter, reverse, or negate energy; etc. This could also lead to an ultimate goal of "destroying matter," as in bringing it out of existence.
Unlike Erasure, which merely removes targets from existence, this power allows one control the nature of nothingness to enable feats ranging from unique attacks to unusual shapes crafted from its nature.
- Absence Manipulation
- Black Hole Creation
- Delete negative aspects such as injuries and death, preventing death.
- Death Inducement by deleting an entity's life, or even the concept of life itself.
- Delete all life in the universe.
- Cause targets to have never existed.
- Cutting by deleting a portion of object.
- Destroy all of existence in a single wave, resetting the universe.
- Obliterate the bonds of objects causing them to collapse.
- Selectively destroy planets or other heavenly bodies.
- Unleash an obliterating wave that can cause the fabric of reality to temporarily collapse.
- Flight and Levitation by erasing gravity.
- Neverness Manipulation
- Nonexistent Object Manipulation
- Nothingness Attacks
- Nothingness Constructs
- Nothingness Solidification
- Null Energy Manipulation
- Partial Existence Inducement
- Teleportation by disappearing and reappearing.
- Vacuum Creation by creating a region of space that is devoid of any matter and energy.
- Nihilikinetic Combat
- Nothingness Empowerment
- Nothingness Physiology
- Nothingness Removal
- Physical Nonexistence
- Void Creation
- Immaterial Manipulation
- Oblivion Embodiment
- Primordial Nothingness Manipulation
- Psychic Nothingness Manipulation
- Void Magic
- Void Movement
- Antimatter Manipulation
- Boundary Manipulation is basically similar, as removing a boundary of something is to erase its existence.
- Completeness Manipulation
- Dark Energy Manipulation
- Destruction is more or less similar to this power, both destroying matter and concepts.
- Negation Manipulation
- Reality Warping can have a similar destructive force, such as deleting targets from history.
- Space Depletion is similar, as it can delete matter that is occupying the target space.
- Void Weaponry
- Some users may be able to remove anything from time such as abilities like Time Manipulation, Time Travel, and Spatial-Temporal Lock.
- Being one of the of negative forms of Energy Manipulation, users can create or control negative energy.
- Void is also considered an element, usually the fifth in some fiction.
See also:The Five Elements
In the Godai Elemental System, Void is the highest and most important of the five elements but doesn't openly represent actual nothingness/destruction as commonly believed. Instead, Void, as depicted in Godai, represents everything that is beyond one's daily experience and understanding - something that exists, yet does not - a mysterious contradictory force which cannot be perceived by one's normal senses. As such, by tapping into this power, users of the Void can achieve any of the following associated powers:
- Aether Manipulation
- Dream Manipulation
- Existence Manipulation
- Soul Manipulation
- Users may accidentally remove parts of themselves, emotions, memories, or even physical pieces.
- Users of Erasure Immunity and Meta Erasure Immunity are immune.
- Creation and Restoration powers like Completeness Manipulation may compensate the nothingness manipulators' full destruction.
See Also: Power of the Void.
- The Entity (AT4W)
- Pandora's Box (Code: Breaker)
- De-mat Gun (Doctor Who)
- Magic Muffin (The Fairly Oddparents)
- Kōkai Gyoku (Flame of Recca)
- Oblivious (Goblins: Life Through Their Eyes)
- Door to Nothingness (Magic: The Gathering)
- Ultimate Nullifier (Marvel Comics)
- Truth-Seeking Orbs (Naruto)
- Art of the Piercing Void (Ninja Gaiden)
- Vampire Sinclair (Rave Master)
- Ultimate Annihilator (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Void Maker (Taboo Tattoo)
- Philip Van Doren Stern's brush (Warehouse 13)
- Dip (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)