- " Everything is language. I am language. I am everything."
- ― Doug Ramsey/Cypher (Marvel Comics)
- Ears of Sand (Midnight Occult Civil Servants)
- Enhanced Language Understanding
- Language Interpretation/Intuition/Mimicry/Replication
- Lingual Intuition
- Linguistic Intelligence/Replication
- Omnilingual Translation
- Universal Translation
- Speaking in Tongues
The user can speak, write, understand and communicate in any language, including computer codes, languages that have never been heard before, sign language (even lip-reading), illegible words, and backwards speech and writing with little or no training. The user may even communicate with non-human animals or read body language. This ability works by any one or more of these faculties.
- Aligist - able to speak, read, write and understand all languages. This however does not mean animals or anything other than human languages. Some certain type of aligist may also be able to understand underwater creatures but they are quite rare.
- Intuitive Multilingualism - capable of intuitively translating and learning new languages, including alien languages.
- Linguistic Assimilation - know another one's language through physical contact.
- Projective Omnilingualism - emit a field that translates every language spoken inside it, causing everyone to understand what others are speaking.
- Receptive Omnilingualism - the translation of any written language into the user's own native tongue, or through subliminal intuition of what by physical communication means. This ability may even employ telepathic faculty, where the psychic energy is read (by hearing or sight) to understand what the message is meant to convey.
- Telepathic Translation - translate all languages and cause others to hear languages they understand and vice versa.
Usually, this ability is reciprocal, so that the user and the subjects can understand and communicate with one another efficiently.
- Adaptive Learning
- Body Language Analysis
- Definition Mastery
- Fine Interaction
- Linguistic Intelligibility
- Lip Reading
- Logic Intuition
- Sign Language Intuition
- Botanical Communication: communicate with all forms of plant-life, including flowers, trees, fruits, vegetables, pollen, etc. either telepathically, by speaking verbally, or by touching it physically
- Cyberlingualism: communicate either telepathically, by speaking verbally, or by touching it physically, with all forms of technology, including machinery, computers and other electronics
- Demonic Communication: communicate with and call upon demons in various ways. This often extends to speaking the language of different demons
- Divine Communication: communicate with and call upon their patron deities indirectly or otherwise via various ways
- Electronic Communication: perceive, understand, control and generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions with/without accessing any standard source of communication
- Empathic Communication: can form an empathic communication with another being, allowing them to having conversation with others using their emotions
- Human Speech Replication: speak, write, understand, and communicate in human language without being human.
- Intuitive Bilingualism: intuitively speak, understand and even read a secondary language thats addition to their own, despite never having to study the language.
- Nature Communication: can communicate with nature either telepathically, by speaking verbally, or by touching it physically
- Urban Communication: communicate with industrialization either telepathically, by speaking verbally, or by touching it physically
- Xenolingualism: speak, write, understand and communicate in alien languages, including writing, with little or no training.
- Zoolingualism: understand the speech or emotions of animal life forms.
- May need to know speech/language before recognition of obtained language.
- May need to carry out a related task or behavior before obtaining knowledge of a language.
- May need to know the basics of grammar and semantics to fully utilize the learned language.
- Alien Physiology
- Alternative Communication
- Amazon Physiology
- Balanced Civilization Progression
- Bionic Physiology
- Civilization Advancement
- Enhanced Intelligence
- Field Perception
- Intuitive Aptitude
- Knowledge Replication
- Linguistics Mastery
- Mortal Physiology
- Superior Human Physiology
- Transcendent Physiology
- Ability to communicate depends on the user's ability to replicate the form of communication.
- May not work on nonverbal communication.
- May not work on users of Psychic Shield, Psychic Immunity and Indomitable Will.
- Cannot understand users of Alternative Communication.
- Should not be mislead of user obtaining Manipulative Skills (Puppet Mastery).
- May require physical contact with one who speaks the language.
- May not be able to read/write the foreign language.
- Some users may only be able to translate and/or interpret the language.
- May be limited to the forms of communications that the user can perceive. If the language involves, say, sounds beyond the user's hearing, they aren't able to understand it.
- Users may not be able to tell which language they are speaking in; they switch to whichever language their companion talks to them in.
- Users may not be able to speak language of higher beings (angelic tongue, draconic tongue...), depending on the level of the user, may even receive a backlash if tried to.
See Also: Omniglot
- Babble Node (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Universal translator device (Adventure Time)
- The Kanohi Rau, the Mask of Language (Bionicle); allows in its Great form the user to understand any language as well as be able to speak and write them.
- The Intersect (Chuck)
- The TARDIS (Doctor Who); can translate every Language on-the-fly for it's passengers.
- Judoon Translation device (Doctor Who)
- Translation Gummy (Doraemon)
- Communication Translation Rings (Outbreak Company)
- With a Babelfish (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy); in your ear you can understand, but not speak, every language.
- Drake Tongue (The Spiderwick Chronicles)
- The Tongue of Babel Spell (Charmed 2018)
- Universal Translators (Star Trek)
- Electronic Translators (Star Wars)
- Neighborhood 12358W (The Good Place)
- Tongue of Sun and Moon (AD&D)
- Allspeak/All-Tongue (Marvel Comics)
- The System (Solo Leveling)