- "I cannot talk this creature into anything it does not already desire. I can only suggest that which it already secretly wished for. Its determination is already made. We are but going through the motions of a negotiation that was resolved before it ever began."
- ― Thanos in regards to The One-Above-All's Omniscience (Marvel Comics)
- "Chidi: She's like this walking database. You can ask her about the creation of the universe or history...
- Eleanor: Oh, there was a guy who lived in Avondale, Arizona, around 2002. His name was Kevin Paltonic. Is he gay?
- Janet: No.
- Eleanor: Really? Huh. I guess he just didn't want to have sex with me.
- Janet: That's correct.
- Eleanor: Well, that's fine, I wasn't that into him anyway.
- Janet: Yes, you were."
- ― The Good Place
- Absolute/Ultimate/Totality/Transcendent/Undivided Knowledge
- All-Knowing/Everything Knowing
- Boundless/Infinite/Illimitable/Limitless/Unlimited/Unrestricted Knowledge
- Memory of Omnipotent Being
- The Knowledge of God
- True Omniscience
Omniscience (from Latin: Omni Scientia: "all-knowledge"), in its grandest and highest stage, is the capacity to know absolutely everything infinitely within their wider reality or verse of origin. Nevertheless, there are different types and/or forms of this power:
- Inherent Omniscience: The user's mind is capable of knowing potentially anything and everything and has the capacity to filter what they choose to know, selectively picking topics of interest according to the situation. They can objectively be omniscient at their whim, making this a controllable form of it. Also doubles as a lesser form of the ability, making it as they are knowledgeable of effectively everything at the cost of not being aware of all there's to possibly know on information unrelated to knowledge accessible or picked upon. This omniscience is either subjective or objective.
- Total/Complete Omniscience: Usually knowing it all, regardless of time and/or probable factors, actually fully knowing the entirety of it. The user has no filter or restrictions to their knowledge, having it at all times.
The user's mind is unblocked or unconstrained to knowledge of the entirety of totality, there's absolutely nothing which they do not understand or insightfully comprehend, knowing every answer to every inquiry on a timeless scale, meaning it is regardless of time; their recollection of infinite knowledge offers an understanding of the intricacies or "workings" of totality. Depending on the type they possess, the user might have the information at all times (Total/Complete) while at other times it might require the user's willing to access it, the circumstances or the actions of others (Inherent).
By knowing everything about something in general, one can get an insight for every detail/weakness/counter/interesting fact, possible or not, for that certain something, utilizing said facts to be unable to be defeated by said subject or situation.
- All Smart Powers
- Absolute Intelligence
- Almighty Mind
- Absolute Creativity
- Absolute Senses
- Absolute Wisdom
- Encyclopedic Knowledge (Omnipotent/Absolute Level)
- Flawless Precognition
- Flawless Clairvoyance
- Infinite Experience (varies)
- Knowledge Anchoring
- Meta Memory/Omnicompetence
- Quantum Intelligence
- Transcendent Consciousness
- Telepathy/Cosmic Telepathy/Omni-Telepathy
- Illusory Omniscience
- Intelligence Infinitum
- Knowledge Embodiment
- Omniscience Bestowal
See Also: The Omniscient.
- Darkhold (Marvel Comics)
- Magic Mirror (Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
- Sacred Tome/Trenia (Makai Kingdom)
- Book of All Knowledge (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Fountain of Hui and Eagle Scope (Xiaolin Showdown)