- "That weapon defeats foes with one hit. However, the reverse is also true, as its wielder will also fall to a single strike. You can use this weapon's ability only twice within a set period of time...only when it is glowing. When enough time passes, the weapon will regain its sheen along with its power."
- ― Maz Koshia describing the One Hit Obliterator (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Death in One Strike
- Instant Kill Attack
- One Shot Kill
- Single Hit Kill
The user can kill the target with a single strike. The attack carries special attributes, such as lethal poison or death inducement, that would result in an instant death the moment it connects, disregarding on the location of contact or the target's remaining vitality. This power is not simply the act of killing a target in a single strike, rather, the strike must possess a certain quality other then raw power that allows it to do so.
The instant kill may be capable of bypassing Resurrection, as it deals death before the opponent has a chance to rejuvenate.
- Absolute Attack
- Absolute Strength
- Conceptual Attacks
- Destiny Manipulation
- Durability Negation
- Irreversible Destruction
- Iaido Intuition
- Probability Manipulation
- Special Attacks
- Cannot affect those who can survive anything.
- Cannot kill and harm the users of Absolute Immortality and Life and Death Transcendence.
- Will not work on Flawless Indestructibility and Absolute Invulnerability.
- If the attack is blocked or evaded, it becomes useless.
- Friendly fire or misfire will lead to unintentionally killing an ally or oneself.
- May only work under certain conditions/targets.
- May not work on those with Immortality or Invulnerability due to limitations of the user.
- Useless against users of an Unfettered Body or Meta Resurrection.
- May be ineffective to users of Undead Physiology.
- Doesn't work on Layered Life.
See Also: One-Hit Kill.
- Death (Family Guy)
- Mirabel (The Fungus Among Us); only on Players with less than full netherite armor
- Saint of Killers (Preacher/Vertigo Comics)
- Practitioners of the Hercules Method (The Strange Talent of Luther Strode)
- Farslayer (Book of Swords)
- Users of the Deplorable Word (Chronicles of Narnia)
- Basilisk (Harry Potter)
- Users of Killing Curse (Harry Potter)
- Nefarian Serpine (Skulduggery Pleasant); via his Red Right Hand
- Medusa (Greek Mythology); via Petrifying Gaze
- Basilisk (Mythology/Folklore)
- Cockatrice (Mythology/Folklore)
- Grim Reaper (Mythology/Folklore)
- Exodia the Forbidden One (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Holactie the Creator of Light (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Ivory Knife (Chronicles of the Kencyrath)
- Killing Curse (Harry Potter)
- The Vorpal Blade/Sword (Jabberwocky by Lewis Carrol)
- God-Killer Sword (Skulduggery Pleasant)
- Sceptre of the Ancients (Skulduggery Pleasant)