- "That weapon defeats foes with one hit. However, the reverse is also true, as its wielder will also fall to a single strike. You can use this weapon's ability only twice within a set period of time...only when it is glowing. When enough time passes, the weapon will regain its sheen along with its power."
- ― Maz Koshia describing the One Hit Obliterator (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Variations
- 4 Associations
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Known Users
- 7 Known Items
- 8 Gallery
- Death in One Strike
- Knock-Out in One Strike
- Instant Kill Attack
- Instant Knock-Out
- One Hit Knock-Out
- One Shot Kill
- One Shot Knock-Out
- Single Hit Kill
- Single Hit Knock-Out
The user can kill the target with a single strike. The attack carries special attributes, such as lethal poison or death inducement, that would result in an instant death the moment it connects, disregarding on the location of contact or the target's remaining vitality.
Other, less sophisticated methods are either the attack strikes the target's vital point, or it just carries devastating firepower and brute force to outright kill the opponent.
On a lower level the user is capable of knocking the target out with one hit.
- Absolute Attack
- Absolute Strength
- Conceptual Attacks
- Destiny Manipulation
- Irreversible Destruction
- Iaido Intuition
- Probability Manipulation
- Special Attacks
- Cannot kill and harm the users of Absolute Immortality and Life and Death Transcendence.
- Will not work on Flawless Indestructibility and Absolute Invulnerability.
- If the attack is blocked or evaded, it becomes useless.
- Friendly fire or misfire will lead to unintentionally killing an ally or oneself.
- Useless against users of an Unfettered Body or Resurrection.
- May only work under certain conditions/targets.
- May not work on those with immortality or invulnerability due to limitations of user.
- May be ineffective to users of Undead Physiology.
- Doesn't work on Layered Life.
See Also: One-Hit Kill.
- Rose's Sword (Steven Universe); technically
- Ivory Knife (Chronicles of the Kencyrath)
- Killing Curse (Harry Potter)
- Golden Gun (James Bond: The Man with the Golden Gun)
- God-Killer Sword (Skulduggery Pleasant)
- Sceptre of the Ancients (Skulduggery Pleasant)
- The Vorpal Blade/Sword (Jabberwocky by Lewis Carrol)
- Gravity Bomb (Bomberman 64: The Second Attack)
- Saibamen (Dragon Ball Xenoverse)
- Daybreak (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Mehrunes' Razor (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
- One-Hit Obliterator (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Boomerang (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
- Light Arrows (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
- Genmurei (Mega Man X5)
- Last Word (Planescape)
- Death Skills (Shin Megami Tensei)
- Certain Inkling weapons (Splatoon)
- Certain Octarian weapons (Splatoon)
- Butterfly Knife weapons (Team Fortress 2)