- "Strong mind can separate the body from its suffering."
- ― Ting Wang (Johnny English Reborn)
- "Pain's an old friend."
- ― Stephen Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- "You can't hurt them. It takes death to stop their pain."
- ― Mask Market
- "Boxer I knew used to say, long as you're standin', You ain't hurtin'! I can stand."
- ― Luke Cage (Marvel Comics)
- "He never screams. Even after the dog has its fill and his guts are hanging out, he never screams."
- ― Marv on Kevin (Sin City)
- "It's his Semblance. He can block out pain. It's how he's able to handle injecting so much Dust into himself."
- ― Ozpin regarding Hazel's power, (RWBY)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Video
- Congenital Insensitivity to Pain/CIP/Congenital Analgesia
- Complete Insensitivity to Pain
- Enhanced Pain Threshold
- Unfeeling Body
Users can block pain at will, are incapable of feeling pain or are highly resistant to the physical pain of any kind, allowing them to think clearly and continue to move without even flinching despite a grievous injury. Users can think clearly, continue to move, ignore torture and generally function in situations where the pain would disable a normal person. The user does not react at all when damaged, they can walk onward as they are being damaged or continue fighting without stopping no matter how hard they are hit.
Certain users may also be able to neutralize others' pain.
- Endorphin Activation: activating the brain to produce pain suppressants.
- Pain Immunity/Pain Resistance: the user is outright immune to pain, or at the very least resistant to it.
- Pain Negation; the user can negate their own pain and/or as that of others', essentially turning their pain receptors "off."
- Apathy Immunity to Mental/Emotional Pain.
- Bionic Physiology
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Health
- Enhanced Staminal
- Enhanced Survivability
- Damage Containment
- Discomfort Immunity
- Defunct Physiology
- High Resistance
- Injury Immunity
- Overexertion Immunity
- Pain Manipulation
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Technorganic Physiology
- Tranquil State
- Undead Physiology
- May not be able to turn their ability "off".
- May not be immune to Pain Inducement.
- Not feeling pain may leave the user ignorant of crippling injuries, which may disable them without them even knowing why.
- User may only be able to tolerate and ignore the pain, and not actually cancel it out.
- A user's body may increase and destabilize their emotional output.
- May not be immune to some types of pain or amounts of it.
- Unable to feel pain may also sport as a weakness as it may make the user overconfident.
- May be limited to oneself or others, not both.
See Also: Feel No Pain.
- Gem of Serenity (Honkai Impact 3rd)
- Shikon Jewel Shards (Inuyasha)
- Iron Man's Armor (Marvel Comics)
- SCP-427 - Lovecraftian Locket (SCP Foundation)
- Ambrosia (Toaru Majutsu no Index)