- Charm Magic
- Inscription Magic
- Paper Talisman
- Scroll Magic
- Xing Fu
User can create and use paper charms and wards for various purposes. The spells and effects can be prepared in peace, with time and care, thus making them more potent than those of other forms of magic, but yet must be pre-prepared and limited by the number the user carries.
Paper charms and wards are rectangular pieces of paper usually drawn with a brush made of peach wood and a pigment made of red cinnabar which is believed to have strong magical properties. They are mostly written on red or yellow paper using red or black ink, with writing called "Thunder Writing" or "Celestial Calligraphy". They are usually activated by sticking them on something or when making contact. With the more powerful spells needing verbal incantations and or hand gestures. One could also burn the charm and eat the ashes for temporary supernatural effects.
- Inscription Casting
- Literary Manipulation
- Magical Charm Manipulation
- Paper Magic
- Paper Manipulation
- Powers Via Object
- Script Manipulation
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- Unlike conventional magic, charms have to be pre-prepared.
- Limited by the number of spells the user has pre-made.
- May be dependent on the medium that the charm was written on, thereby negating it if the medium was somehow compromised.
See Also: Paper Talisman.
- Dug Weapons (World End)
- Talisman of Rebirth (Ninja Gaiden)