- History Manipulation/Revisionism
- Past Modification
The user can selectively alter the past of a target (whether living, object, place, etc.) and determine when, where, what, how, or even why something happened in the past.
- Combat Perception
- Enhanced Preparedness
- History Absorption
- History Reading
- Past Creation
- Past Interaction
- Relationship Manipulation
- Temporal Erasure
- May cause massive after effects. For an example from the Pendragon series: The Hindenburg is stopped from blowing up; however, unforeseen by everyone, the survival of the dirigible allows Germany to get hold of plans for the Manhattan Project smuggled on-board and thus to develop nuclear weaponry which allows them to win WWII. Stopping 100 deaths causes millions more.
- Alterations may fade after death.
- May be unable to change the present. If so, user cannot change the past in a way that would negate their present and/or cause a time paradox.
- Shūkurō Tsukishima (Bleach); via 'Book of the End'
- Neinhart (Fairy Tail); via Historia
- Red Player (To aru majutsu no index)
- Jyoka (Houshin Engi)
- Izanagi users (Naruto)
- Urth (Norse Mythology)
- Keine Kamishirasawa (Touhou Project)
- The Book of Ages (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Forgers (The Emperor's Soul)
- Urthr (Valkyrie Crusade)
- The Book of the Serpent (Marvel Comics)
- Fairy Godmother's Wand (Disney's Cinderella)
- Time Gem (Marvel Comics)
- SCP-140 - An Incomplete Chronicle (SCP Foundation)
- Neo-Eclipse (Fairy Tail)