- "A few hundred thousand volts? I'm not so easy to hurt, Misses Summers."
- ― Fantomex to Jean Grey (Marvel Comics)
- "Damn it, I almost died because of this stupid rock!"
- "Yes...that's usually what happens...to normal people."
- ― Roronoa Zoro and Nico Robin (One Piece)
- "I just fell 7 miles to Earth...and the only thing I feel...is the overwhelming urge to do it again!!"
- ― Mac Gargan/The Scorpion (Marvel Comics)
- "I don't work like that no more."
- ― Crossbones (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
The power to possess durability beyond that of the peak members of their species. Sub-power of Enhanced Body.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Levels
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Known Objects
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- Augmented Durability
- Advanced Durability/Resistance
- Damage Resistance
- Delayed Capitulation
- Enhanced Resistance
- Enhanced Toughness
- Extreme Durability
- Heightened Durability
- High Durability
- Hyper Durability/Resistance
- Increased Durability
- Increased Physical Tolerance
- Incredible Durability
- Inhuman Durability
- Nigh-Pain Immunity
- Nigh-Superhuman Durability
- Near-Superhuman Durability
- Semi-Superhuman Durability
Users physical durability, the ability to withstand damage, is extremely high, allowing them to take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects. The user can withstand bullets, grenades and low to medium explosives, survive falling from the top of tall buildings and building collapse, withstand beatings from superhumans and take getting beaten with steel rods and bars.
- Bulletproof Durability
- Enhanced Endurance
- Fall Damage Resistance
- Pain Suppression
- High-level resistance to damage.
- The user can take an attack while feeling the effect later.
- Pressure Resistance
- The user will maintain optimal health if an illness is the aggressor, yielding to the sickness days later if the sickness is potent.
- Peak Human Durability: User has conditioned durability at the peak of human limits. Users can resist being jump by multiple assailants, hit by a wooden bat, survive stab/bullet wounds, and even survive against superhumans. Users can survive explosions equivalent to grenades. They can fall from small buildings without breaking their bones. Users can endure pain over 35 decibels to 50.
- Enhanced Durability: User's durability is beyond peak human limits, but not to high superhuman levels. Bullets ricochet from them, survive getting hit by most speeding vehicles, small to moderate explosions (kilograms to tens of tons TNT equivalent). They can endure events that humans are less likely to survive but are not impossible.
- Supernatural Durability: User's durability is greatly superhuman, being in six main types.
- Type l: Users can resist being hit by trucks, buses, trains, and speeds over subsonic speeds, endure temperatures that can burn most metals, or freeze liquids in minutes, moderate to massive explosions (tens to hundreds of tons TNT equivalent), getting shot by ammunition.
- Type ll: Users can resist getting hit by objects moving at the speed of sound. Endure massive to atomic explosions (hundreds to kilotons TNT equivalent), getting shot by missiles, most temperatures not commonly created on Earth, less destructive natural disasters.
- Type lll: Users can resist being damaged by objects of supersonic speeds, atomic to hydrogen explosions worth of energy (kilotons to hundreds of megatons), endure natural disasters and created ones, and most dangerous forms of energy, tolerate armor penetration shots, and survive asteroid impacts.
- Type lV: Users are close to near-indestructible, able to endure being hit by objects at hypersonic speeds, resist enormous hydrogen explosions ever recorded and theorized to volcanic eruption worth of energy. Tolerate temperatures near kelvin and below negatives worth, endure some cosmological/energy events (solar storms, wide-scale asteroid fallout). Users can even survive a planetary collision.
- Type V: Users are virtually invulnerable to all who encounter them. They can endure being hit by projectiles near or at the speed of light, endure gigatons of energy and explosions that can destroy continents, planets, or planetary systems. Endure temperatures most inorganic materials won't survive and survive highly destructive universal events (supernovas, hypernovas, high particle collisions, and around black holes).
- Type Vl: Users are considered indestructible with few exceptions. Able to survive the elimination of a galaxy, universe, and the multiverse and entities near absolute level, rare cosmological events, and objects beyond the speed of light. Only physical entities/forces on a near-omnipotent can defeat and injure the user.
- Absolute Durability: User absolutely cannot be injured.
- Animal Imitation; with more durable animals, such as dinosaurs, rhinos, crustaceans, turtles, etc.
- Dermal Armor; usually through certain Animal Mimicries or Elemental Mimicries.
- Discomfort Immunity
- Durability Concentration
- Elemental Mimicry; either through tough elements like stone or metal or through Scattering with air or water.
- Enhanced Condition
- High Resistance
- Injury Immunity
- Regenerative Durability
- Telekinetic Durability
- Since this ability isn't the same as Invulnerability, the user can only take so much damage before it finally takes an effect. At best, the user will only be stunned by damage that would usually kill ordinary people.
- If the power is due to mimicking an element, the user might become even more vulnerable than normal to certain attacks. Ex: Someone with Metal Mimicry might be extremely weak towards someone with Magnetism Manipulation or a person with Water Mimicry will be very weak to those with Electricity Manipulation.
- Some powers that are capable of bypassing durability like Telepathy, Absolute Strength, Durability Negation, etc, can be counteractive against this ability.
- May have a set duration.
- The Joker (DC Comics)
- Harley Quinn (DC Comics)
- Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (DC Comics)
- Bane (DC Comics)
- Sideways (DC Comics)
- General Wade Eiling (DCAU/DC Comics)
- Clark Kent/Superman (DC Comics)
- Various Characters (Image Comics)
- Biff Baker/Planet
- Various Characters (Marvel Comics)
- Christoph Nord/Maverick/Agent Zero; formerly
- John Eisenhart/Hulk 2099
- Vampirella (Vampirella)
- Torque (Valiant Entertainment)
- Body Armor (Blood)
- Life Seed (Blood)
- Super Armor (Blood)
- The Hellbat Suit (DC Comics)
- SCP-3016 - Perpetual Motion Run Amok (SCP Foundation)
- The Chargin' Targe (Team Fortress 2)
- The Resistance Powerup (Team Fortress 2)
- Two-Ton Tunic (Xiaolin Showdown)