- "It's called unbreakable skin, fool."
- ― Luke Cage (Marvel Comics)
- "We've trained our bodies such that we can turn them into 'iron carapaces' if we so choose..."
- ― Blueno describing Tekkai/Iron Body (One Piece)
- "And she just doesn't get hurt! When she's wrecking the towns, sinking battleships or eats direct gun or cannon fire. Her tough as nails body simply doesn't suffer as much as a scratch! As you said, she really is an iron balloon!"
- ― Capone Luke "Gang" Bege on Charlotte Linlin/Big Mom (One Piece)
- "You think a little heat is gonna bother me? I'm Lobo, I ride through the cold of space and the heat of blazing suns!!"
- ― Lobo after tanking Superman's Heat Vision (DC Comics)
- "All that for a drop of blood."
- ― Thanos after Iron Man's repeated assault (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Levels
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Known Items
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- Advanced/Immense/Mega/Unnatural Durability
- High-Level Superhuman Durability
- Super/Superhuman Durability
- Super/Superhuman/Supernatural Toughness
- Supernaturally Dense/Resilient Tissue
- Near/Nigh-Absolute Durability/Invulnerability
The user's body tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. are extremely resilient, allowing them to withstand harmful forces on the body such as crushing weights, impacts, pressures, changes in temperature, etc. Also, users usually possess drastically enhanced levels of strength and stamina, due to how durable their body has become, allowing them to resist tearing muscles and/or breaking their bones.
- High Resistance
- Peak Human Durability: User has conditioned durability at the peak of human limits. Users can resist being jump by multiple assailants, hit by a wooden bat, survive stab/bullet wounds, and even survive against superhumans. They can fall from small buildings without breaking their bones. Users can endure pain over 35 decibels to 50.
- Enhanced Durability: User's durability is beyond peak human limits, but not too high superhuman levels. Bullets ricochet from them, survive getting hit by most speeding vehicles, small to moderate explosions (pounds to tens of tons TNT equivalent). They can endure events that humans are less likely to survive but are not impossible.
- Supernatural Durability: User's durability is greatly superhuman, being in six main types.
- Type 1: Users can resist being hit by trucks, buses, trains, and speeds over subsonic speeds, endure scorching temperatures that can make humans die, or freeze liquids in minutes, moderate to massive explosions (tens to hundreds of tons TNT equivalent), getting shot by piercing ammunition.
- Type 2: Users can resist getting hit by objects moving at the speed of sound. Endure massive to atomic explosions (hundreds to kilotons TNT equivalent), getting shot by missiles, most temperatures not commonly created on Earth, less destructive natural disasters.
- Type 3: Users can resist being damaged by objects of supersonic speeds, atomic to hydrogen explosions worth of energy (kilotons to hundreds of megatons), endure natural disasters and created ones, and some dangerous forms of energy (radiation, chemicals, toxins, etc), tolerate armor penetration shots, and survive asteroid impacts.
- Type 4: Users are close to near-indestructible, able to endure being hit by objects at hypersonic speeds, resist enormous hydrogen explosions ever recorded and theorized to volcanic eruption worth of energy. Tolerate temperatures near kelvin and below negatives worth, endure some cosmological/energy events (solar storms, wide-scale asteroid fallout). Users can even survive a planetary collision.
- Type 5: Users are virtually invulnerable to all who encounter them. They can endure being hit by projectiles near or at the speed of light, endure gigatons of energy and explosions that can destroy continents, planets, or planetary systems. Endure temperatures most inorganic materials won't survive and survive highly destructive universal events (supernovas, hypernovas, high particle collisions, and around black holes).
- Type 6: Users are considered indestructible with few exceptions. Able to survive the destruction of a galaxy or universe, entities near absolute level, rare cosmological events, and objects beyond the speed of light. Only physical entities/forces on a near-omnipotent can defeat and injure the user.
- Absolute Durability: User absolutely cannot be injured.
- Not complete invulnerability.
- Certain abilities that are capable of bypassing tough skin like Absolute Strength, Telepathy, Durability Negation, etc, can be counteractive against this power.
- May have a set duration.
- User may sacrifice flexibility and speed for strength and durability.
- User may be notably heavier than their overall size would suggest.
- May complicate receiving medical treatment.
- SCP-162 - Ball of Sharp (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-314 - The Motion-Seeking Blade (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-2398 - Home Run Bat (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-2818 - A Gun That Shoots People (SCP Foundation)
- Eggs laid by SCP-3199 - Humans, Refuted (SCP Foundation)