- "It's called unbreakable skin, fool."
- ― Luke Cage (Marvel Comics)
- "We've trained our bodies such that we can turn them into 'iron carapaces' if we so choose..."
- ― Blueno describing Tekkai/Iron Body (One Piece)
- "And she just doesn't get hurt! When she's wrecking the towns, sinking battleships or eats direct gun or cannon fire. Her tough as nails body simply doesn't suffer as much as a scratch! As you said, she really is an iron balloon!"
- ― Capone Luke "Gang" Bege on Charlotte Linlin/Big Mom (One Piece)
- "You think a little heat is gonna bother me? I'm Lobo, I ride through the cold of space and the heat of blazing suns!!"
- ― Lobo after tanking Superman's Heat Vision (DC Comics)
- "All that for a drop of blood."
- ― Thanos after Iron Man's repeated assault (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Levels
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Known Items
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- Advanced/Immense/Unnatural Durability
- High-Level Superhuman Durability
- Super/Superhuman Durability
- Super/Superhuman/Supernatural Toughness
- Supernaturally Dense/Resilient Tissue
The user's body tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. are extremely resilient, allowing them to withstand harmful forces on the body such as crushing weights, impacts, pressures, changes in temperature, etc. Also, users usually possess drastically enhanced levels of strength and stamina, due to how durable their body has become, allowing them to resist tearing muscles and/or breaking their bones.
- Contaminant Immunity
- Elemental Immunity
- Enhanced/Supernatural Endurance
- Enhanced/Supernatural Stamina
- Enhanced/Supernatural Strength
- Internal Reinforcement
- Intravenous Exoskeleton
- Muscle Armor
- Pain Suppression
- Pressure Resistance
- Skin Hardening
- Thermal Resistance/Environmental Adaptation
- Unbreakable Bones
- Vacuum Adaptation
- Peak Human Durability: User has conditioned durability at the peak of human limits.
- Enhanced Durability: User's durability is beyond peak human limits, but not to high superhuman levels.
- Supernatural Durability: User's durability is greatly superhuman, being able to withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, virtually all corrosives, punctures, and concussions without sustaining injury.
- Absolute Durability: User absolutely cannot be injured.
- Not complete invulnerability.
- Certain abilities that are capable of bypassing tough skin like Absolute Strength, Telepathy, Durability Negation, etc, can be counteractive against this power.
- May have a set duration.
- User may sacrifice flexibility and speed for strength and durability.
- User may be notably heavier than their overall size would suggest.
- May complicate receiving medical treatment.
- SCP-2398 - Home Run Bat (SCP Foundation)