- "This is the best damn thing that ever happened to me. Well, now that I've learned to control it, I'm like Superman or something. I can hear rain coming from forty miles away. I can even hear someone's moods, the tiniest changes in a heartbeat."
- ― Dale Smither, Heroes
- "Speaking of which, I'm sensing something big and out of control heading for us."
- ― Astrid Hofferson, Dragons: Race to the Edge
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Levels
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Items
- 10 Gallery
- Augmented Senses
- Advanced/Heightened/Increased/Strengthened Perceptions
- Advanced/Heightened/Increased/Strengthened Senses
- Inhuman Sensory/Sensorial Perception
- Hyper-Keen Senses
- Nigh-Superhuman Senses
- Near-Superhuman Senses
- Target Sense
- Enhanced Synesthesia: Perceive multiple different sensory or cognitive responses at once.
- Illusion Awareness: Many illusion will affect only certain senses but lack in others, for example, an illusion might lack a smell or have no heartbeat.
- Sense Focusing: Focus senses to look for a particular sight/sound/smell/taste and blocking out all others.
- Speed Perception: Perceive Motion as it was moving normaly.
- Accelerated Perception: Slow down the user's perception of time.
The Five Senses:
- Enhanced Hearing: Ears pick up every single sound, and can decipher layer upon layer of noise; has the ability to pick up a conversation from a mile away in a busy city. May even mutate into Echolocation.
- Enhanced Smell: Users can detect specific smells, and locate their origin. Some may even be able to tell if someone is lying or sick by which smells they excrete.
- Enhanced Taste: User has an extremely developed sense of taste and may be able to detect poisons or other problems. Some may be able to taste all of their surroundings at once from a distance via air/water.
- Enhanced Touch: Some can feel so acutely that to rub the user's hand on a paper would be like reading the page, sensing every bump, ripple or wave. Some may even be able to tell of distant occurrences felt through vibrations in the air, ground, and water.
- Enhanced Vision: Can see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into other dimensions.
- Electroreception: Can detect and follow electricity and related phenomenon.
- Energy Detection: Sense all forms of energy.
- Enhanced Balance: Sense of equilibrium and ability to use it well.
- Enhanced Proprioception: Can sense one's bodily position better than anyone.
- Magnetoreception: Can detect and follow magnetism and related phenomena.
- Thermoreception: Can sense infrared/temperature.
- Extrasensory Perception: Also known as the "Sixth Sense", users of this rare ability can instantly know whatever they wish without the need to perceive or experience it, often reaching into Clairaudience, Claircognizance, Clairempathy, Precognition, Psychometry, Retrocognition, etc.
- Hyper Awareness: All senses are attuned to nearby activity.
- Hyper-Sense: Can move extremely fast when danger is being perceive.
- Spatial Perception: Can sense space, size and shapes.
- Motion Sense: Can detect objects by their movement.
- Water Sense: Can perceive the movement of/on a body of water with extreme accuracy.
- Telekinetic Senses: Can sense with psionic energy/focus.
- Underground Senses: Can sense with clarity underground.
- Underwater Senses: Can sense with clarity underwater.
- Weather Sense: Can predict weather patterns.
- Peak Human Senses: User's senses are at the peak human limit.
- Enhanced Senses: User's senses are beyond peak human limits but below high superhuman levels.
- Supernatural Senses: User's senses are supernaturally acute, at a high superhuman level.
- Absolute Senses: User's senses are at an infinite scale.
- Compass Sense
- Discern Location
- Danger Intuition
- Enhanced Condition
- Lie Detection
- Nerve Manipulation
- Opportunity Sense
- Other Sense Manipulation
- Pattern Sense
- Protected Senses keep senses from being overloaded.
- Sense Manipulation
- Temporal Cognition
- Temporal Intuition
- Truth Detection
- Weakness Detection
- Sensory Overload
- Drugs or other means can either negate or remove these senses unless they are reversible.
- Overloading may be a frequent occurrence.
- Magic may cause interference.
- May be dulled by pain if the user is injured.
See Also Super Senses.
- Silver Wolf (Spirit Animals)
- SCP-515-ARC (SCP Foundation)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.