- "This is the best damn thing that ever happened to me. Well, now that I've learned to control it, I'm like Superman or something. I can hear rain coming from forty miles away. I can even hear someone's moods, the tiniest changes in a heartbeat."
- ― Dale Smither, Heroes
- "Speaking of which, I'm sensing something big and out of control heading for us."
- ― Astrid Hofferson, Dragons: Race to the Edge
- Augmented Senses
- Advanced/Heightened/Increased/Strengthened Perceptions
- Advanced/Heightened/Increased/Strengthened Senses
- Inhuman Sensory/Sensorial Perception
- Hyper-Keen Senses
- Nigh-Superhuman Senses
- Near-Superhuman Senses
- Target Sense
The user has extremely accurate senses, allowing them to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel better than an average member of their species. On this level, the user maybe capable of developing other senses (ex: a esp, sensing blood, etc...).
- Enhanced Perception
- Enhanced Synesthesia: Perceive multiple different sensory or cognitive responses at once.
- Illusion Awareness: Many illusion will affect only certain senses but lack in others, for example, an illusion might lack a smell or have no heartbeat.
- Speed Perception: Perceive Motion as it was moving normaly.
- Accelerated Perception: Slow down the user's perception of time.
The Five Senses:
- Enhanced Balance: Sense of equilibrium and ability to use it well.
- Enhanced Proprioception: Can sense one's bodily position better than anyone.
- Blood Sense: Can sense the presence of blood in any living subject.
- Compass Sense
- Energy Perception: Sense all forms of energy.
- Extrasensory Perception: Also known as the "Sixth Sense", users of this rare ability can instantly know whatever they wish without the need to perceive or experience it, often reaching into Clairaudience, Claircognizance, Clairempathy, Precognition, Psychometry, Retrocognition, etc.
- Hyper Awareness: All senses are attuned to nearby activity.
- Hyper-Sense: Can move extremely fast when danger is being perceive.
- Motion Sense: Can detect objects by their movement.
- Water Sense: Can perceive the movement of/on a body of water with extreme accuracy.
- Spatial Perception: Can sense space, size and shapes.
- Telekinetic Senses: Can sense with psionic energy/focus.
- Underground Senses: Can sense with clarity underground.
- Underwater Senses: Can sense with clarity underwater.
- Weather Sense: Can predict weather patterns.
- Peak Human Senses: User's senses are at the peak human limit.
- Enhanced Senses: User's senses are beyond peak human limits but below high superhuman levels.
- Supernatural Senses: User's senses are supernaturally acute, at a high superhuman level.
- Absolute Senses: User's senses are at an infinite scale.
- Alien Physiology
- Discern Location
- Danger Intuition
- Enhanced Condition
- Lie Detection
- Nerve Manipulation
- Opportunity Sense
- Other Sense Manipulation
- Pattern Sense
- Protected Senses keep senses from being overloaded.
- Sense Manipulation
- Super Soldier Physiology
- Superior Human Physiology
- Temporal Cognition
- Temporal Intuition
- Truth Detection
- Weakness Detection
- Sensory Overload
- Drugs or other means can either negate or remove these senses unless they are reversible.
- Overloading may be a frequent occurrence.
- Magic may cause interference.
- May be dulled by pain if the user is injured.
See Also Super Senses.
- Calypso Serum (Marvel Comics)
- Super-Soldier Serum (Marvel Comics)
- Silver Wolf (Spirit Animals)
- SCP-515-ARC (SCP Foundation)