- "The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind."
- ― Khalil Gibran
- "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."
- ― Al Mualim, quoting the Holy Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:17 (Assassin's Creed)
- "Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning."
- ― King Solomon (Judeo-Christian Religions)
- Mental Transcendence
The user of this ability possesses peak human wisdom: greater understanding and realization of concepts, common sense, people, things, events or situations than average members of their species, resulting in the ability to apply perceptions, judgments and actions in keeping with this understanding. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that universal principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions.
Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true coupled with optimum judgment as to what action to take. Great wisdom and understanding may be a quality of the user regardless of age and experience.
- Al Mualim (Assassin's Creed)
- Sages (Assassin's Creed)
- King Solomon (Judeo-Christian Religions)
- The Ancient One (Marvel Comics)
- Ben Parker (Marvel Comics)
- Various Characters (Kingdom)
- Spoon Boy (The Matrix)
- Jesus Christ (The Bible)
- Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender)