- "I, here I lie, left in the darkness here to die. Here alone, all so cold, everything has turned to stone. And as I cry, the pain in me, will tear a hole in my fantasy. In this world, all alone, in this world of tragedy."
- ― The Enigma TNG - World of Tragedy
- Medusa Effect
- Rock/Stone Transformation/Conversion
- Rock/Stone Transmogrification/Transmutation
The user can transform matter and objects, including living beings, into stone.
- Earth Breath
- Earth Manipulation
- Earth Transmutation
- Elemental Transmutation
- Gorgon Physiology
- Mineral Manipulation
- Quantum Lock
- Stone Mimicry
- Petrification Immunity
- Petrification Cancellation and Absolute Restoration can undo the petrification.
- May be constantly active.
- May require constant contact with the object/person to prevent it from returning to its normal form.
- May require eye-contact, touch or some other action.
- Effects may be temporary or irreversible.
- May be limited on how much matter can be changed at once.
- Some may be resistant or immune.
- May have a time limit for how long the object/person is petrified for.
See Also: Taken for Granite.
- Green Light (Dr. Stone)
- Ghost Lanterns (Hero: 108)
- Mephisto and Praxina's Amulets (Lolirock)
- Elements of Harmony (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic); only Discord
- Obsidian Crystals (My Little Pony The Movie 2017)
- Petrification Gauntlet (Naruto)
- Shinokuni (One Piece)
- Mero Mero no Mi (One Piece)
- The Pyroclastic Surge (Pompeii)
- Medusa Amulet (Power Rangers Dino Super Charge)
- Yada Yada Berries (Star vs. the Forces of Evil)
- Jadis' Wand (The Chronicles of Narnia)
- Chastiefol Form Three (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Numerous Medusa Devices (Villainous)
- Magic Acorn (Willow)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.