- ""I used to watch them as a kid. My granny told me about 'em. Some cold nights you see them dancin' in the sky over the Hub, burnin' green and gold..."
- "Oh, you mean the aurora coriolis," said Oats, trying to make his voice sound matter of fact. "But actually that's caused by magic particles hitting the-"
- "Dunno what it's caused by," said Granny sharply, "but what it is is the phoenix dancin'.""
- ― Terry Pratchett, in Carpe Jugulum (1998)
- "I was never surprised that they did not have a phoenix on display. There is only one phoenix at a time, of course, and while the Natural History Museum was filled with dead things, the phoenix is always alive."
- ― Neil Gaiman, Unnatural Creatures
The power to use the abilities of a phoenix. Variation of Mythical Avian Physiology.
- Immortal Bird Mimicry
- Phoenix/Phoinix/Phoenician Mimicry
- Quqnus Mimicry
The user with this ability either is or can transform into a phoenix, a mythical, sacred fire-bird that symbolizes rebirth, immortality, and renewal in the mythologies of the Arabian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Chinese, Turkish, Indian and Phoenician/Canaanite people.
Phoenixes are described as birds with colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or, according to some legends, purple, blue, and green) with a 500 to 1,000, or even 1,461-year life-cycle. Near the end of its life, a phoenix builds itself a nest of twigs or whole trees that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.
- Ash Resurrection
- Fire Manipulation
- Fire Mimicry
- Healing Tears
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Time Manipulation
- Matter Transmutation
- Nigh-Omnipotence (in some cases)
- Transcendent Bird Physiology
- Grand Flame Manipulation
- Light Manipulation
- Palingenesis Embodiment
- Samsara Embodiment
- Sand Mimicry
Types of Phoenix
- Anqa Physiology - in some translations
- Cosmic Fire Manipulation
- Cycle Manipulation
- Divine Beast Physiology
- Life and Death Manipulation
- Mythical Bestiary
- Phoenix Dragon Physiology
- Samsara Manipulation
- Solar Deity Physiology
- May need time to resurrect.
- May need to focus to change back.
- Could burn something one didn't mean to burn.
- Phoenix Slayer can kill them.