The power to create portals for transport between two non-adjacent locations. Sub-power of Dimensional Manipulation, Portal Manipulation, and Spatial Manipulation. Variation of Teleportation. Opposite to Portal Negation.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Vidoes
- Boom Tubes (DC Comics)
- Breach Creation/Generation
- Crossing Worlds
- Dimensional Door Creation/Generation
- Gateway Creation/Generation
- Ghost Portal Creation (Danny Phantom)
- Portal Disc/Manifestation/Opening/Generation
- Rift Creation
- Space Portal Creation/Generation
- Space Warp Creation/Generation
- Stargate Creation/Generation
- Teleportation Gateway
- Teleportation Warp Creation/Generation
- Transmatter Portal Creation/Generation
- Inter-dimension/Dimension Portal Creation/Generation
- Dimension Wormhole Creation/Generation/Opening
User can open a hole in the universe connecting two non-adjacent locations. This may be done in a very neat manner, such as connecting two doorways in the universe, or it may be done very sloppily like breaking a rift in the space-time continuum. They may use Dimensional Manipulation to tear a tiny hole through two universes, use Spatial Manipulation to overlap two points in the universe or a wormhole connecting those two points. This is another form of teleportation. The user can create a portal that also allows them to teleport alongside people or direct their attacks.
This ability may come in the form of a "Portable Portal", which allows users to make instant holes in anything the circle can be stuck to. Offensively, the user can create vortexes to suck in objects.
- Banishment by casting a portal at the target, sending it away.
- Binding by opening a portal around a target, trapping it in between.
- Deflection by opening portals to redirect attacks back at the opponents.
- Dimensiokinetic Combat by launching attacks at differing and unsuspecting angles via portals.
- Dimensional Travel
- Portal Blast
- Spatial Slicing by closing the portal while a target is part-way in it.
- Summoning by opening portals to allow said object/person to arrive.
- Art Portal Creation
- Door Projection
- Elemental Portal Creation
- Energy Portal Creation
- Hell Gate
- Magic Portal Creation
- Organic Portal Creation
- Paradise Entrance
- Portal Interface
- Quantum Portal Creation
- Rainbow Portal Creation
- Selective Portal Creation
- Soul Portal Creation
- Symbiotic Portal Creation
- Techno Portal Creation
- Time Portal Creation
- Underworld Path
- Wormhole Creation
- Dimensional Manipulation
- Dimensional Rift
- Dimensional Storage
- Extra-Dimensional Energy Generation
- Hole Manipulation
- Key-Based Powers
- Portal Manipulation
- Space-Time Rift
- Warp Generation
- Portal Negation is a direct counter.
- Portals may become unstable.
- Portals may lead to a different yet dangourous location
- May have limits for the distance, number and/or size of the portals.
- User may not always have the power to close the open portal, allowing others to also gain access.
- Some portals require manual closing behind them. If left open, enemies may freely travel through and follow the user..
- Portal Redirection can divert travelers and appear somewhere not of their intention.
- If portals close while the user is part-way through, it can easily bisect them regardless of their indestructibility.
- If the user wishes to travel to a certain area, cell block, neighborhood, city, state, region, country, town, village, or even a planet, that said place would be unavailable due to the portal being shut down.
See Also: Thinking Up Portals.