The power to create portals for transport between two non-adjacent locations. Sub-power of Dimensional Manipulation, Portal Manipulation, and Spatial Manipulation. Variation of Teleportation. Opposite to Portal Negation.
- Boom Tubes (DC Comics)
- Breach Creation/Generation
- Crossing Worlds
- Dimension Gateway/Wormhole Creation/Generation/Opening
- Dimensional Door Creation/Generation
- Gateway Creation/Generation
- Ghost Portal Creation (Danny Phantom)
- Interdimension/Dimension Portal Creation/Generation
- Interdimensional Portal Creation/Generation
- Portal Disc/Fabrication/Generation/Manifestation/ Materialization/Opening/Realization
- Rift Creation
- Space Portal Creation/Generation
- Space Warp Creation/Generation
- Stargate Creation/Generation
- Teleportation Gateway
- Teleportation Warp Creation/Generation
- Transmatter Portal Creation/Generation
User can open a hole in the universe connecting two non-adjacent locations. This may be done in a very neat manner, such as connecting two doorways in the universe, or it may be done very sloppily like breaking a rift in the space-time continuum. They may use Dimensional Manipulation to tear a tiny hole through two universes, use Spatial Manipulation to overlap two points in the universe or a wormhole connecting those two points. This is another form of teleportation. The user can create a portal that also allows them to teleport alongside people or direct their attacks.
This ability may come in the form of a "Portable Portal", which allows users to make instant holes in anything the circle can be stuck to. Offensively, the user can create vortexes to suck in objects.
- Banishment by casting a portal at the target, sending it away.
- Binding by opening a portal around a target, trapping it in between.
- Deflection by opening portals to redirect attacks back at the opponents.
- Dimensiokinetic Combat by launching attacks at differing and unsuspecting angles via portals.
- Dimensional Rift
- Dimensional Storage
- Dimensional Travel
- Portal Attacks
- Space-Time Rift
- Spatial Slicing by closing the portal while a target is part-way in it.
- Summoning by opening portals to allow said object/person to arrive.
- Art Portal Creation
- Door Projection
- Elemental Portal Creation
- Energy Portal Creation
- Hell Gate
- Magic Portal Creation
- Organic Portal Creation
- Paradise Entrance
- Portal Interface
- Quantum Portal Creation
- Rainbow Portal Creation
- Ring Portal Creation
- Selective Portal Creation
- Soul Portal Creation
- Symbiotic Portal Creation
- Techno Portal Creation
- Time Portal Creation
- Underworld Path
- Wormhole Creation
- Dimensional Manipulation
- Extra-Dimensional Energy Generation
- Hole Manipulation
- Key-Based Powers
- Mystic Human Physiology
- Portal Manipulation
- Superior Human Physiology
- Warp Generation
- Portal Negation is a direct counter.
- Portals may become unstable.
- Portals may lead to a different yet dangerous location.
- May have limits for the distance, number and/or size of the portals.
- User may not always have the power to close the open portal, allowing others to also gain access. Some portals require manual closing behind them. If left open, enemies may freely travel through and follow the user.
- Portal Redirection can divert travelers and appear somewhere not of their intention.
- If portals close while the user is part-way through, it can easily bisect them regardless of their indestructibility.
- If the user wishes to travel to a certain area, cell block, neighborhood, city, state, region, country, town, village, or even a planet, that said place would be unavailable due to the portal being shut down.
See Also: Thinking Up Portals.
- Anywhere Door (Doraemon); via Door Projection
- Straight Hole Loop (Doraemon); via Hole Creation
- Tessaiga (InuYasha)
- Door Door Fruit (One Piece)
- Gogoukanda (Twelve Kingdoms)
- Portal to Sonic's world (Sonic X)
- The Thinker’s Hoverchair (Arrowverse/The Flash)
- Transmatter Portal (Arrowverse/Supergirl)
- Transmatter portal watches
- Sanctum Sanctorum (Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme)
- Sling Ring (Marvel Cinematic Universe: Doctor Strange)
- The Space Stone/Tesseract (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Stargates (Stargate verse)
- Iconian Gateways (Star Trek)
- Magic Hat (Once Upon A Time)
- Rings (Sonic the Hedgehog Movie)
- Anywhere Key (Locke and Key)
- Magic Hats (Cut the Rope)
- Oblivion gates (Elder Scrolls)
- Wheel of Power (Hotwheels Acceleracers)
- Shift Keystone (Lego Dimensions)
- The Gateway (Lego Dimensions)
- Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (Portal Series)
- The Keepers (Prey)
- Portals of Power (Skylanders)
- Moon Pearl (The Legend of Zelda)
- Sword of Re (Kubera)
- SCP-2207 - Dimensional Razor (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-3003 - The End of History (SCP Foundation)